Chemonics seeks an environmental enterprise development specialist to support the five-year, $23 million Honduras Building Resilience in Ecosystems and Livelihoods project, funded by USAID. The project will improve natural resource management, protect biodiversity, and increase household resilience to the impacts of climate change on farming and water availability in western Honduras. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Implement and increase conservation-related income-generating activities
- Collaborate with the chief of party on the technical approach of the activity
- Provide technical support to program implementation in at least one of the following areas: value chain analysis; market information; marketing; business development services; micro, small, medium enterprise development; green business certification; financial analysis and management; private sector investment
- Master’s degree or higher in business, economics, marketing, finance, or a closely related field; may also have an environmental degree if complemented by strong micro-enterprise development or private sector experience
- At least 15 years of progressively responsible international work experience in community based natural resources management with at least five years’ recent experience in Central America, preferably Honduras
- At least eight years of progressively responsible supervisory work experience, including: direct supervision of professional and support staff; quality evaluation of staff performance and deliverables; and project management under contracts
- Experience in strengthening and supporting micro- and small enterprises linked to conservation with local stakeholders
- Experience working with the private sector, NGO’s, host country government institutions, and local associations
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Advanced professional proficiency in both English and Spanish
Send electronic submissions to [email protected] June 8,2016. Please submit CV and cover letter with “environmental enterprise development specialist” title in the subject line. Finalists will be contacted. No telephone inquiries, please.
In addition, please download and complete Chemonics’ equal employment opportunity self-identification form and submit it separately to [email protected] with only “environmental enterprise development specialist – Honduras” in the subject line. If you prefer not to disclose your sex, race, or ethnicity, you may check “I do not wish to complete the information requested.” Thank you for completing the form and supporting our equal employment opportunity reporting requirements.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.