Batakundi hydropower project: Technical Consultant
SELECTION FOR CONSULTANTS BY THE WORLD BANK GROUP
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Electronic Submissions through World Bank Group eConsultant2
Assignment Title: 1270455 - Batakundi hydropower project:: Technical Consultant
The Pakhtunkhwa Energy Development Organization (PEDO) wishes to solicit private sector interest for the development of the proposed 96 MW Batakundi hydropower project (HPP) as an IPP (the Project) under a competitive framework. The Project is located on Kunhar River, Kaghan Valley in the Jhelum-Poonch watershed. The transaction advisory role involves due diligence leading to structuring and competitive tendering. IFC intends to appoint a consortium of international and local technical consultant to assist in Project preparation, development and implementation of this transaction.
The World Bank Group intends to finance the assignment / services described below under the following:
- BANK BUDGET
- C3P DevCo Fee
Eligibility restrictions apply:
[Please type list of restrictions]
INDIVIDUAL / FIRM PROFILE
The consultant will be a firm.
The World Bank Group now invites eligible firms to indicate their interest in providing the services. Interested firms must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (brochures, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills among staff, etc. for firms; CV and cover letter for individuals). Please note that the total size of all attachments should be less than 5MB. Consultants may associate to enhance their qualifications.
Interested firms are hereby invited to submit expressions of interest.
Expressions of Interest should be submitted, in English, electronically through World Bank Group eConsultant2 (https://wbgeconsult2.worldbank.org/wbgec/index.html)
Following this invitation for Expression of Interest, a shortlist of qualified firms will be formally invited to submit proposals. Shortlisting and selection will be subject to the availability of funding.
Only those firms which have been shortlisted will receive notification. No debrief will be provided to firms which have not been shortlisted.
**All the qualification criteria are mandatory.**
- 1. Experience of the firm in detailed engineering, design, technical due diligence including geotechnical, hydrology and seismic studies for medium to large sized hydropower projects.
- 2. Experience of the firm as technical advisor to government or international finance institutions for power projects.
- 3. Experience of the firm in MENA or South Asia region, with a preference for Pakistan, in hydropower and PPP projects.
- 4. Experience of the international team and team leader that would be dedicated to the project, including (i) similar transaction tasks executed and (ii) skills required by the tasks in such transactions from technical perspective.
- 5. Experience of the local team that would be dedicated to the project, including (i) similar transaction tasks executed and (ii) skills required by the tasks in such transactions from technical perspective.