The Middle East and North Africa Network of Water Centers of Excellence (MENA NWC) is an alliance of research and educational centers in the Middle East and North Africa that are working together to (1) address present and future water challenges by creating knowledge and advancing implementation, (2) stimulate economic growth by engaging with businesses and developing products and services, and (3) foster meaningful and sustainable development. MENA NWC is a non-governmental organization based in Amman, Jordan, and is recruiting for full time position:
- Communications and Knowledge Exchange Specialist
The Communications and Knowledge Exchange Specialist is responsible for the following major tasks:
- Develop and implement a practical Communications and Knowledge Exchange Strategy for MENA NWC which allows MENA NWC to develop audience-specific messages for member centers, targeted investors, governments, industry players, and other stakeholders in the sector
- Develop and implement a branding strategy that positions the Network for continued growth and expansion
- Identify practical tools, systems, and approaches for communications and knowledge exchange, such as newsletters, social media channels, and publications, that have a high likelihood of adoption and success and avoid earlier failures by other entities
- Oversee website design, content, and functionality
- Manage the online Communities of Practice in partnership with the Centers and other key participants
- Design and implement a monitoring and evaluation program that assesses the adoption and impact of Network products, including strategies, policies, tools, systems, and technologies
- Proactively seek opportunities at international and regional meetings and conferences to showcase MENA NWC and broaden awareness of the Network’s goals and objectives.
- Proofread and fine-tune the text, design and layout and of Network materials (briefs, studies, workshop and training reports, etc.) to make the information useful and interesting to member centers, governments, industry players, investors and other stakeholders in the water sector.
- Develop and maintain a database with relevant contacts
- If appropriate, create and foster a dynamic task force of regional experts in knowledge exchange to support MENA NWC and Center activities
- Post-graduate degree in Communications or a related field
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in communications, knowledge exchange, and outreach
- Experience designing and directing communications strategies
- Demonstrated expertise in collaborative planning and alliance building with multiple stakeholders
- Willingness and ability to travel regionally and internationally on a regular basis
- Knowledge of and familiarity with the main donor organizations and water sector stakeholders and their interests
- Strong proof-reading, writing and editing skills
- Ability to translate research findings into communicable messages
- Experience in organizing presentations to government, industry partners, the donor community and other stakeholders in the water sector for informational and fundraising purposes.
- Professional level capability in English and Arabic
- Engaging personality, dynamic and energetic
- Respectful of staff and partners
- Can offer innovative approaches to new challenges and problem-solving
- Able to capture the complexity of the Network and convey it clearly and articulately to a wide and diverse audience
- Able to inspire confidence and commitment from staff and partners
- Comfortable in cross-cultural settings and appreciative of differences
- Operates with the highest ethical standards
The Communications and Knowledge Exchange Specialist will report to the Executive Director of MENA NWC.
To apply for this position, please email your CV and cover letter to [email protected]