Program Manager (Supply Chain Environmental)
- Bachelor's degree in industrial/mechanical engineering, environmental engineering, energy resources engineering or related field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in environmental supply chain programs and managing cross-functional projects from start to finish.
- Ability to travel internationally up to 20% of the time.
- Experience using machine learning to drive energy efficiency in manufacturing environments.
- 5 years of experience driving energy efficiency projects, manufacturing process efficiency, and/or greenhouse gas management in a manufacturing environment.
- Project management experience focused on supply chain energy management, renewable energy projects, working with multi-disciplinary technical personnel.
- Proven track record driving supplier manufacturing sites to sustainability certifications such as "Zero waste to landfill" and ISO 50001.
- Technical expertise greenhouse gas accounting protocols such as WRIs Greenhouse Gas Protocol and LCA methodologies including process LCAs and economic input-output models.
- Expertise in carbon accounting, clean energy, and energy efficiency.
About the job
Google's projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus. As a Program Manager at Google, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating goals to project stakeholders. Your projects often span offices, time zones and hemispheres, and it's your job to keep all the players coordinated on the project's progress and deadlines.
As a Supply Chain Environmental Program Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring that products manufactured within Google’s supply chain are done so in accordance with human rights standards, environmental regulation, and Google’s standards of business conduct. You will engage with multiple customer groups, stakeholders, and suppliers to build our global supply chain sustainability program.
Our supply chain environmental program is chartered with driving supply chain energy reductions and transitioning our suppliers to clean energy as well as addressing other environmental programs such as circularity, waste reduction, and water stewardship.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Drive manufacturing carbon accounting and emissions reduction strategy through multi-stakeholder engagement.
- Drive programs resulting in energy and emissions savings across our manufacturing supply chain including setting specific goals, quantifying progress, and supporting reporting.
- Quantify supply chain energy load requirements and greenhouse gas emissions at the supplier, regional, grid, product, and full upstream levels while tracking related reductions driven through global efficiency and renewable programs.
- Develop robust supplier engagement programs to accelerate supplier adoption of environmental programs including greenhouse gas emissions reductions, increasing renewable energy use.