Post-Doctoral Fellow: Innovative Water Technologies
The International Center for Biosaline Agriculture(ICBA) is an international, non-profit agricultural research center established in 1999 through the visionary leadership of the Islamic Development Bank (IsDB), the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) Fund, the Arab Fund for Economic and Social Development (AFESD), and the Government of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). ICBA is a unique applied agricultural research center in the world that is focused on marginal areas where an estimated 1.7 billion people live. It identifies, tests and introduces resource-efficient, climate-smart crops and technologies that are best suited to different regions affected by salinity, water scarcity and drought. Through its work, ICBA helps to improve food security and livelihoods for some of the poorest rural communities around the world. ICBA is an equal opportunity employer and appoints qualified staff regardless of race, creed, color, age, gender, religion or national origin. We demonstrate our commitment to each member of our team through a competitive benefits package designed to assist our employees to cover their needs and the needs of their immediate family members.
Head of SNRM Section
Sunday, September 20, 2020
Open until filled
The researcher will work with ICBA team on testing the technical feasibility and economic viability of using low-cost innovative water technologies in agricultural production under marginal conditions particularly saline environment. The research will test a range of available water technologies that can generate water such as extracting water from air and desalinated water or improve treatment of sewage effluents (TSE) for a better use in crop production. The research results will improve the sustainability of marginal water resources and support the efforts to achieve water security and food security in water scarce countries.
- Conduct literature review on promising innovative water technologies and methods that can be applied for agricultural production under marginal conditions particularly brackish / saline environment
- Design suitable experimental research and monitor the quantities and quality of the generated / treated water
- Collect, analyze, and interpret the experimental data
- Prepare technical reports and disseminate the results
- Prepare research papers to submit to peer-reviewed journals
- Attend and present in international conferences
- Contribute / participate in existing relevant projects and prepare technical reports as specified by the project documents
- Contribute to writing project proposals for external funding
- Additional activities to support ICBA’s team
Qualifications and Experience:
- Doctoral degree in any of the following fields: environmental, chemical, mechanical, civil engineering or other relevant engineering
- At least 2 years research experience in water treatment technologies
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of statistics and database management
- Additional language skills, Arabic is desirable
- Supervisory experience
Applicants are kindly requested to submit their cover letter and C.V. combined in one PDF file along with the required detail on the form below.