Local recruitment: Senior Consultant (Climate Change and Disaster Resilience)
OPM Nepal is recruiting for a Senior Consultant to join the Climate Change & Disaster Risk team. The key purpose of this position is to provide strategic direction and leadership to OPM’s work on climate change, to build future work and to deliver existing projects and programmes.
You will have the opportunity to contribute to technical delivery of the Policy and Institutions Facility (PIF); develop OPM’s work on Climate Change and Disaster Risk Reduction and Management and Play an integral part of the work and development of the OPM team in Nepal, South Asia and globally.
1. Contributing to technical delivery of the Policy and Institutions Facility (PIF) - (70%)
- Providing technical inputs as required into workstreams of the Policy and Institutions Facility in support of the Core Team
- Lead the delivery of Climate Change Intervention Pathways (IPs)
- Work closely with Team leader and other team members in building PIF's reputation and influence with key stakeholders including the government
- Support Team Leader in reporting, communication and dissemination of PIF's progress and outputs
- Work closely with team leader and other team members in maintaining good relationship with DFID and relevant government agencies.
- Support Team Leader and the Project Director with oversight and management of the PIF
2. Develop OPM’s work on Climate Change and Disaster Risk Reduction and Management and Play an integral part of the work and development of the OPM team in Nepal : 20%
- Working with the OPM Country Director and Deputy and Play an active role in developing new areas of work and potential new relationships through existing or new networks and contacts
- Prepare expressions of interest and proposals for new work opportunities.
- Contributing to the delivery of existing and impact of OPM projects
- Building OPM’s reputation and influence with key stakeholders including the government
- Foster good relations with clients including donor agencies and partner government ministries
3. Contribute to the Climate Change and Disaster Risk portfolio and OPM’s work on climate and disaster risk in South Asia and globally: 10%
- Deliver projects and carry out other tasks under the direction of the portfolio leader in accordance with an agreed annual performance agreement.
- Contribute to the growth of the team’s and the Company’s consultancy business.
- Develop strong and effective working relationships with all other members of the portfolio, Programme and other OPM colleagues.
- Take a proactive approach to on and off-job personal and career development by working on projects in other OPM portfolio areas, keeping abreast of latest developments within the Portfolio and taking opportunities to attend training events as appropriate.
Please note you must have the right to work in Nepal.
For full details of how we will use your personal data please see our Recruitment Privacy Notice is available at https://www.opml.co.uk/files/opm-recruitment-privacy-notice.pdf