Zimbabwe nationals: Junior Programme Assistant
OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
Under the overall authority of the UNESCO Regional Director for Southern Africa and the Senior Science Programme Specialist, and the direct supervision of the Programme Specialist for the Natural Sciences Sector, the incumbent will be responsible for providing program support to ensure effective, planning, implementation and monitoring of the work of UNESCO’s Natural Science, mainly in the SADC-WIN and B-Resilient program. Support will be provided in the following key programmatic areas;
- Assist in the implementation of the B-Resilient project particularly focusing on organising regional workshops and producing reports of these as well as producing publicity materials.
- Provide assistance in undertaking desk research and analysis of the regional water project responses including opportunities and gaps in the region.
- Assist in the development of projects to be implemented by the Natural Science sector with focus on programs related to Water and youth engagement
- Preparation of monitoring and evaluation reports on these programs and activities.
- Contribute to developing and marketing proposals for funding for SADC-WIN initiatives in the region.
- Assist in fund mobilisation by drafting concept note and project proposal, working closely with the Consultants assigned as well as carrying out donor mapping.
- Provide information for the successful planning of national and regional workshops on Water Security and building resilience to drought and floods in the region.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the UNESCO youth strategy for the Natural Sciences Sector.
- Use basic computer science knowledge to write update website articles for the sector. Participate in meetings, conferences, workshops and other gatherings relevant to the work of the project.
- Assist in the planning of International Days for UNESCO regarding water i.e. World water Day, World Water Week.
- As may be requested, carry out any other assignments or tasks that are related to successful achievement of Natural Science.
COMPETENCIES (Core / Managerial)
Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement (C)
Planning and organizing (C)
Results focus (C)
For detailed information, please consult the UNESCO Competency Framework.
A first level degree in Science and Engineering
Only Zimbabwean Nationals can apply