Tanintharyi region is one of the most biological diversity area in the world. WWF recognized Dawna Tenasserim as a key global priority landscape for conservation. Indigenous people are believe that river is their lives and Tanintharyi River is the main water resources for their livelihood. The 300 km long Tanintharyi or Great Tenasserim River is one of the most important rivers in the DTL. Flowing from an altitude of over 2000m towards the Andaman Sea at Myeik, relatively little is known about the river ecosystem. While some significant threats to the ecosystem, in particular mining, and potential dam building, are known, their potential impact has not been studied. Given that the river is a key aquatic lifeline in this region, it is important to assess the health of its ecosystem, its importance to local communities, as well as the extent of human impacts and current threats. This can inform development planning by local authorities and communities to address current pressures and avoid future threats.
WWF-Myanmar is now inviting applications for a Consultant for Tanintharyi River Ecosystem Survey position to be based in Dawei with extensive travel to the field.
Scope of Work
The scope of this consultancy work is outlined below.
The detailed outputs & deliverables are at https://www.wwf.org.mm/en/myanmar_career_page/
Duration of the Work
This TOR should be accomplished in three (3) months; with a total 25 working days spread over three months (October -December 2020).
- At least 5 years of relevant experiences in environmental and social impact assessment especially in Myanmar and Southeast Asian Countries.
- At least 3 years of relevant experiences in ecosystem survey especially river ecosystem
- Must have strong experiences and knowledge in mining activities and process (especially gold mining)
- Also experiences in GIS or other analytical tools or software
- Fluency in English and experience in writing reports in English
- Willingness to travel to the field collecting data and information and interviewing stakeholder
- Can be work together with WWF staff and various stakeholders
Closing Date: 5 October 2020 (Monday)
Interested candidates should email [email protected] or send a hard copy cover letter and curriculum vitae in English to 15C, Than Taman Street, Dagon Township Yangon or No.37, Myaw Inn Street, Nyaung Yann Taung Qtr, Dawei stating the applied position title. Email application documents should be addressed as Document_Your fullname.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacte