The Sub-WASH Engineer is responsible for the implementation of ACTED’s WASH program especially WASH-related infrastructure and services.
Chain of Command
Under the authority of: WASH Engineer
- Logistics Officer
- PR Officer
- AME Officer – WASH
- Services Suppliers
- Local Authorities
- Implementing partners
Duties and Responsibilities
- Field supervision of construction, and rehabilitation activities of the WASH facilities, and infrastructure.
- Field monitoring of the implementation of water and sanitation infrastructure operations.
- Contribute in the technical assessments, engineering studies and designs for various WASH facilities and infrastructure.
- Help in Preparing understandable BOQs for various services in collaboration with the WASH Engineer.
- Maintain good communications and working relations with other stakeholders.
- Share program-related information on the status of activities and achievement to WASH Engineer.
- Contribute in rapid/ need assessments for new sites.
- Minimum of Bachelor degree in Engineering (Civil, Mechanical, Water or environmental) .
- Minimum 1 years of Engineering experience. Working in Humanitarian Organization in WASH department is highly desired.
- Minimum 1 of working in construction projects and infra structure projects. (water and waste water )
- Preferred previous experience in Solar systems
- Experience in and willingness to work and live in a rural environment
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills, working with as a team member.
- Strong initiative and self-motivated, with a strong commitment to teamwork and humanitarian principle
- Ability to multitask with competing demands under tight deadlines and work under pressure.
- Fully computer literate (Microsoft Office) and AutoCAD is a must and other engineering software knowledge is an asset.
- Fluency in Arabic (written and spoken), English skills is desired.
How to apply
Interested and qualified applicants must apply by fill the application form by this link
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.