Private Sector Engagement Specialist (Jordan Water Governance Activity)
The mission of Global Communities (formerly CHF International) is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe.
Global Communities is seeking an experienced Private Sector Engagement Specialist for the anticipated USAID Jordan Water Governance Activity (WGA) The purpose of this program is to Support the Government of Jordan to achieve measurable improvements and greater sustainability of the water sector by providing technical assistance to strengthen the GOJ’s reform, policy development and implementation, and capacity-building efforts.
The Private Sector Development Advisor will lead the project's private sector engagement and the development of entrepreneurs within Jordan’s WASH sector.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
Provide technical expertise and analyses on private sector development issues within Jordan’s WASH sector, including the evolution of the WASH private sector, opportunities for entrepreneurs.
Engage leaders from a diverse range of private sector firms – large and small scale – with a strategic interest in access to water to join efforts to protect and sustainably manage and use water resources
Provide technical expertise and analyses on private sector role in regulation and standardization, compliance with environmental and human protection measures.
Lead project’s efforts to secure private sector investment in sustainable water use solutions
Represent the project on public-private sector issues at technical, policy and strategic planning meetings, including meetings with collaborators and donors.
- Education: Master's Degree in business, management, economics, finance, or a similarly related field strongly preferred. Bachelors’ degree in a related field, required.
- 10 years of experience in the private sector or providing technical assistance to improve private sector performance.
- Experience working with Jordan’s WASH sector.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Previous experience in private sector engagement in Jordan
- Fluency in Arabic and professional level of English required.
- Experience in Jordan required
Jordanians are strongly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.