Stakeholder Engagement Expert (Jordan Water Governance Activity)
The mission of Global Communities (formerly CHF International) is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe.
Global Communities is seeking an experienced Stakeholder Expert for the anticipated USAID Jordan Water Governance Activity (WGA) The purpose of this program is to Support the Government of Jordan to achieve measurable improvements and greater sustainability of the water sector by providing technical assistance to strengthen the GOJ’s reform, policy development and implementation, and capacity-building efforts.
The Stakeholder Engagement Expert leads engagement of a diverse range of individual and institutional stakeholders, and facilitates stakeholder ownership of program objectives and active participation in program activities. This includes identifying and analyzing critical stakeholders from a broad range of perspectives and developing tailored approaches to engage and support the collaboration of each different stakeholder group.
Specific responsibilities include supporting the implementation of outreach activities
- Analyze the interests and needs for water resources a broad diversity of perspectives
- Lead the development, implementation and evaluation of strategic, tactical and operational stakeholder engagement plans, programs, projects and initiatives to align with the program goals and objectives.
- Develop and maintain strong internal and external relationships to exchange information with client groups, community, other levels of government and other stakeholders to inform strategic and operational decisions related to programs and services
- Education: Advanced degree in a relevant field such as communication, behavior change, or social sciences, strongly preferred
- Minimum 10 years of experience in the international development sector with at least 5 years of experience in designing, planning, and implementing evidence-based community based solutions.
- Experience working with a variety of stakeholders including local government, national government, civil society, community leaders, private sector firms .
- Experience working on water and sanitation projects preferred.
- Experience in advocacy, interpersonal communication skills development, group facilitation, and SBCC materials/tools development, stakeholder analysis, network analysis and others systems methodologies
Jordians are strongly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.