Gender and Youth Development Specialist (Jordan Water Governance Activity)
The mission of Global Communities (formerly CHF International) is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe.
Global Communities is seeking an experienced Gender and Youth Development Specialist for the anticipated USAID Jordan Water Governance Activity (WGA.) The purpose of this program is to Support the Government of Jordan to achieve measurable improvements and greater sustainability of the water sector by providing technical assistance to strengthen the GOJ’s reform, policy development and implementation, and capacity-building efforts.
The Gender and Youth Development Specialist (GSI) will develop and implement the program’s gender and social inclusion approaches and advise the project team on specific strategies. The Specialist will also make sure that the program integrates youth leadership and experiential learning as well as gender and inclusion into project materials and training. Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Facilitate active involvement of women and young adults in all program activities
- Provide support and strategic technical oversight in the development of key project deliverables in addition to advising teams on how they can ensure ongoing implementation incorporates gender empowerment and social inclusion in line with Positive Youth Development approaches.
- Assist local government and non-government stakeholders to conduct gender assessments to identify explicit and implicit gender or age-related biases in local service delivery related laws, policies, regulations, and institutional practices and track recommendations implemented from this analysis and their impacts on the project.
- Advise stakeholders on institutionalization of inclusive standards and promote strategies to ensure the project outcomes address the needs and interests of marginalized groups.
- Coordinate with the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) team to develop and implement gender and SI responsive MEL systems across project activities.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree required. A Master’s degree in Gender Studies, Sociology, International Development or related field preferred.
- Minimum of seven years of progressively responsible experience working on gender and social inclusion, gender issues within community and civil society development programs, preferably with USAID or other U.S. Government programs.
- Experience designing and facilitating trainings on gender and youth issues and gender and youth integration in local decision-making processes and techniques.
- Experience integrating social inclusion in community participatory engagement or advocacy preferred.
- Knowledge of the status of vulnerable and marginalized populations in Jordan, especially engagement in social, political, and cultural areas.
- Experience engaging local stakeholders, including CSOs, GOJ, and other local and national government leaders in gender and social inclusion initiatives.
- Fluency in Arabic and a working proficiency in English required.
Jordanians are strongly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.