The candidate will be involved in a multidisciplinary team to develop a communication electronic system for IoT applications in the MAQA project Framework related to quality of water detection using an advanced proprietary technology to create self-powered autonomous sensors for water quality characteristics detection. The main tasks that the candidate will carry out will be:
• Definition of specifications
• Electronic equipment design collaboration of the communication system.
• Laboratory test of the designed equipment.
• Field test of the designed equipment.
• Manipulation of samples at the microscale.
• (Micro)fluidic manipulation for test set-up.
• Drafting technical documentation.
The candidate should have an Electronics, Technology or biomedicine background with basic experience in design of electronics systems and communication protocols for IoT systems. It will be valued to have knowledge on electronic PCB design, SPICE simulations and basic communications protocols. English language will also be valued and the use of microfluidic systems to define fluidic setups for tests and validation procedures.
General competences and abilities: teamwork, communication skills, enthusiastic about their research, interpersonal skills, initiative, ability to work independently and in a high-performance team.
Other data about the project:
-Project Title: Autonomous Supervision of a Water Quality Application
-Activity Acronym: Sensoring
-Principal Investigator: Manel Puig
-Department: Electronics and biomedical engineering, University of Barcelona
- Application letter
- Curriculum vitae including list of publications
Please send your application to:
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: PRODUCTE-MAQA
Female applicants are explicitly encouraged to apply.
Priority will be given to people with disabilities.