Consultancy services for Senior Environment Expert for Advisory Support to WBIDC at State (West Bengal) level to effectively combat industrial wastewater pollution
This assignment is for Individual Consultants/Experts ONLY
Under the Indo German Bilateral Development Cooperation, the focal areas currently are:
- Environment and Management of Natural Resources; and
- Sustainable Urban Development
GIZ is committed towards finding long term solutions in the areas of industrial wastewater on ways of reducing pollution, besides working on corresponding state-level action plans and national level policy instruments. Given this mandate, under the Indo German Bilateral Development Cooperation, a project on “Sustainable and Environment-friendly Industrial Production” (SEIP) was taken up during March 2015 to February 2019. Ref. www.seip.urban-industrial.in.
The second phase of the SEIP will be implemented from March 2019 to February 2022 and will be based on experiences from the preceding SEIP project. It will continue to have a focus on abatement of industrial wastewater pollution in the context of urban areas as well as the pollution of rivers and other water resources.
In this context, GIZ plans to engage consultancy services of a competent senior national environmental expert to provide to advise WBIDC on environmental issues and to support in setting up of an Environment Cell at WBIDC (West Bengal). The main objective of this task is
- Providing technical and advisory support to WBIDC on environmental matters such as techno-legal aspects of environmental infrastructure in industrial areas (stormwater management, conveyance systems, common effluent treatment plants, solid waste management etc.)
- Supporting WBIDC in regulatory compliance issues, court matters, public complaints.
- Providing documentation support and maintaining coordination with other authorities
- Supporting development of an Environment Cell at WBIDC.
Note: The consultancy services are to be provided by the Individual consultant and not Eligible for consultancy firm.
The detailed documentation with regards this call for proposals includes:
1. The Terms of Reference for the Assignment 2. The Technical Evaluation Grid 3. CV Template 4. Financial proposal Template 5. Bidding Conditions 6. The General Terms & Conditions of Contracts
Deadline to receive queries : 28.09.2020
Clarifications to the queries : 01.10.2020
The deadline for submission of proposal is 14.10.2020
The Tender documents shall be available on the following link 18.09.2020