Environment and Natural Resources Internship
Tetra Tech ARD is accepting applications for a well-qualified Environment and Natural Resources (ENR) Intern for our ENR sector. The Intern will learn more about communications projects, research, and positioning for natural resources management programming, primarily for USAID-funded projects. This internship can help start a successful career in development, building skillsets, expanding networks, and providing real-world experience in this challenging but rewarding work.
This position will be based in Tetra Tech ARD's satellite office in Arlington, Virginia.
This internship is paid and hours are flexible, between 24-40 per week: duration is at least three months. Application deadline is January 7, 2017, and the Internship will start Monday, January 30, or Monday, February 6, 2017
* Serve as the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) focal point for the sector’s portfolio, including organization of a database for tracking impacts across all ENR projects;
* Support operationalization of the ENR communications strategy in coordination the Communications and Marketing team and ENR sector staff;
* Establish process for compiling on a monthly or quarterly basis key highlights and successes from our projects;
* Develop innovative approaches to quantifying and visualizing impacts of ENR programming in coordination with Communications and Marketing Teams;
* Provide positioning assistance on Southern Africa Resilient Water Project (RWP), including organization of a regional workshop;
* Assist the ENR sector in identifying sustainable solutions that support the firm’s thought leadership, including development of operational definitions and processes; and
* Support proposal development and project recruitment tasks as needed.
* Recently completed or in-progress Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in international development, environmental studies, ecology, natural resource management, or a related field required;
* Demonstrated understanding of, academic excellence in, and desire to pursue a career in international development, environmental studies, ecology, communications, or a related field strongly preferred;
* Practical experience in one or more of the following: biodiversity conservation, climate change adaptation and resilience, sustainable landscapes and forest management, community-based natural resource management, fishers and coastal zone management, wildlife trafficking and/or water;
* At least two years of experience in international development related to environment and natural resources and knowledge management;
* Clear and effective communications and synthesis skills, especially across technologies, cultures, and hierarchies;
* Consistently strong organizational skills, follow through, and attention to detail required;
* Proficiency in a language other than English preferred;
* Strong interpersonal skills, energy, and an enthusiastic collaborator; and
* Ability to remain poised and focused in a fast-paced environment.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process by January 7, 2017:
* A letter of application explaining qualifications for this opportunity
* A current CV or resume in reverse chronological format
* A list of at least 3 references including name, contact information, and statement of relationship to the reference
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration.
No phone calls will be accepted.
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech ARD's ad posted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.