We are currently seeking a Scientific Project Coordinator to join the Climate Analytics’ Science Team as a maternity cover. You will support the Science Team in the coordination and management of the science team projects and overall scientific work as well as in project development. The position is based in Berlin, Germany.
You are responsible for the Project Management of Climate Science related projects conducted by Climate Analytics and work closely with the Project Management Team and its Team Leader and interfaces with the relevant other teams of the organization including Policy Team, Global Finance, Project Development and Communications.
- You support Science-Team leads and project leads in project planning, coordination and tracking of project deliverables and also in resource planning, management and providing timely monthly staff time allocations to the finance team.
- You coordinate staff recruitment in cooperation with HR and coordinate the onboarding for newcomers as well as internal review processes.
- You are responsible for budget controlling and monitoring in close collaboration with the Finance Team. This also includes preparing financial reports for funders, drafting event budgets and checking partner financial reports.
- You prepare budget proposals in collaboration with Science Team colleagues, the project development and finance teams.
- You support Science Team colleagues with administrative and organisational aspects of project management as well as with the internal organisation of exchange fora and the fostering of interdisciplinary links within the Science Team and Climate Analytics in general.
- You liaise with other team`s project managers and keep an overview of projects and activities within Climate Analytics to ensure synergies are exploited.
- You act as a focal point for contacts with funders and partners at administrative level.
- You support the team in the identification and acquisition of additional funding sources.
You ideally have the following qualifications:
- You have sound experience in project management techniques and have already coordinated projects from public / governmental funders.
- You have experience working in an international and/or interdisciplinary context.
- You have at least a bachelor degree in political, social or environmental science, or equivalent experience.
- You bring experience in budget controlling, eligibility rules and procedures.
- You have already been involved in developing and writing funding proposals targeting different public/governmental funding agencies.
- You are well organized, pro-active, self-motivated and flexible and have the ability to work independently but also as part of a larger team.
- You are able to work and communicate with a diverse array of partners and stakeholders, including high-level representatives.
- Working language is English. Good level of German is required. Basic French skills are welcome.
- You are willing to travel.
- A job with purpose. With us you will work in a team of engaged people and with your skills you can make a positive contribution to our work in the field of climate change.
- A positive and inspiring working atmosphere in an international team in Berlin. Our offices are located near Moritzplatz in the heart of the lively Kreuzberg, surrounded by a dynamic startup scene.
- We will refund your BVG ticket and offer a company pension plan.
Application Deadline: 11 October 2020
Starting date: As soon as possible
Location: Berlin, Germany
Terms: part time or full time, fixed term contract for one year as a maternity cover. We are interested in a long-term collaboration.
Please apply with your CV, cover letter and a list of three referees in PDF format by 11 October 2020 and indicate in your cover letter your earliest start date and your salary expectations.
Please apply exclusively using the application form. Applications by email or by post can unfortunately not be processed.
For further information send your questions via email to [email protected].