Presentation of the project
The project in South Kordofan is conducted in consortium with Première Urgence Internationale (PUI) under CDCS funding for a period of 12 months. This project involves the opening of a new base in this area. Its aim is to support the revival of basic services in the sub-district of El Abassiya, particularly affected by the recent years of conflict between Sudanese government forces and rebel groups. TGH and PUI propose to carry out a joint project combining Health, Education and Water, Hygiene and Sanitation (WASH) activities.
The intervention will focus on the rehabilitation and reconstruction of water supply infrastructure, support to the school system in the area, but also support to health services in order to act sustainably to reduce mortality and morbidity among the most vulnerable populations. They will be adapted in accordance with the evolution of the context in the country, and in particular the health context linked to the Covid-19 pandemic. In total, health, education and EHA activities will target 17,765, 2,450 and 39,608 people respectively.
The Multisectorial Project Manager works under the responsibility and functional supervision of the Head of Programs. The PM is also in contact with HQ technical departments. She/he is in charge of the overall implementation of the activities falling under TGH responsibilities. The position includes, among other responsibilities, human resources management, internal and external coordination, reporting, planning of activities and purchases.
The main responsibilities include:
- She/he ensures the proper implementation, supervision, monitoring, reporting of the different components of the project.
- She/he is in charge of managing the HR dedicated to the project.
- She/he conducts frequent field visits to plan and monitor the implementation of the activities.
Project Knowledge Creation
- She/he contributes to the project knowledge creation through the writing of activity sheets, design of relevant documentations, with the support of HQ WASH and Education Technical Department.
- She/he carries out regular analysis of the relevance of the project scheme and suggests adaptation when needed.
Logistics and administration
- She/he anticipates the Logistics (procurements; purchase, vehicles, etc.), Administrative and Financial needs related to the project (recruitments, payments, cash requests, etc.)
- She/he prepares technical parts of tendering documents, participates in the follow up tendering process, prepares purchase requests and gives acceptance of payment.
- She/he follows the expenses related to project activities and crosscheck with the administration department on a monthly basis.
- She/he makes sure that logistical, administrative and financial procedures linked to the project implementation are established and alerts her/his superiors if gaps are observed so that corrective action may be taken.
- She/he is involved in the recruitment of the operational team under her/his management.
- She/he ensures that the administrative HR management of her/his team (daily attendance, leaves management) in collaboration with the HR department.
- She/he conducts wash staff meeting in a regular basis and ensures good communication and coordination within the team.
- She/he ensures that her/his team complies with TGH internal rules (disciplinary management when needed).
- She/he performs regular performance evaluation, give working objectives, adapt the job description, identify the needs in terms of capacity building, and conduct trainings.
- She/he is in charge of building capacity of the managed team (identifies the needs in terms of capacity building, and conduct trainings).
- She/he participates in monthly internal coordination meetings and communicates regularly with the Program Coordinator and the Field Coordinator.
- She/he communicates regularly with HQ WASH and Education Technical Department on the project evolution, the technical problems faced, the potential risks and proposes solutions.
- She/he is involved in providing relevant communication on the project (pictures, video, success stories etc.).
Representation and external coordination
- She/he represents the association as required with donors, partners, local authorities (Department of Water Resources, Mayors, etc.) and stakeholders involved in the implementation of the project.
- She/he especially maintains good relationship with other UN and NGO actors.
- She/he ensures regular presence in UN-led WASH clusters.
Reporting and prospection
- She/he writes donor narrative reports and internal reports, including monthly follow up of the project.
- She/he is in charge of gathering data, analyzing them to describe contractual indicators.
- She/he participates in the writing of concept note and projects proposals
- She/he contributes to efforts aimed at ensuring compliance with safety rules at the site, and transmits all information relating to safety concerns to the field coordinator.
- She/he participates to need assessments according to the needs and mission strategy discussed with HQ.
- She/he contributes to the development of new interventions based on identified needs, linked to the WASH and Education sectors and areas of the projects.
- She/he analyzes, collects relevant information linked to the WASH and Education situation in the country and identifies key trends in collaboration with her/his colleagues and headquarters.
- She/he meets with potential local partners (NGOs).
This list of responsibilities could be modified according to the needs in the field.
Educational background and experiences
- Technical training in Water, Sanitation and Hygiene or Education
- At least one field experience in WASH or multi-sector project management
- Experience in conflict area / post-emergency contexts desired.
- Strong communication, analysis and reporting skills
- Good knowledge of the humanitarian environment (NGOs, UN, EU...) in particular of the institutional functioning in case of crisis (clusters, specialized donors, effective functioning of coordination mechanisms...)
- Good knowledge of international Sphere standards and INEE
- Willingness to work in complex and volatile environments.
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure
- Strong negotiation skills
- Knowledge of project cycle management and tools
- Management qualities
- Skills in transfer of competences
- Fluent English mandatory (oral and written); French (oral and written) a strong asset; Arabic would be a plus
- Computer skills (including Excel and Word)
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills;
- Proactivity and flexibility
- Autonomy and sense of teamwork
Country: Sudan - based in South Kordofan (El Abassiya) with regular trips to Khartoum.
Duration: 7 months (subject to sufficient funding) – from September 2020
Conditions: Salaried contract, gross monthly salary from €1’900 to €2’600 depending on experience, monthly per diem €600, medical coverage of 100% + repatriation insurance + provident fund, accommodation, international and local transportation as part of the mission, break every 3 months.
How to apply
Applicants are invited to send a resume + a cover letter on our website’s HR page: www.trianglegh.org at the attention of Amandine Ruinart, Human Resources Officer.