Advisor (m/f/d) for the project "Regional Resource Governance in West Africa"
The political and social conditions in the four member states of the Mano River Union, Côte d'Ivoire, Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone, are particularly influenced by the mineral resources of the region. In recent years, all four states have been able to set the first strategic, legal and institutional course for sustainable growth through the exploitation of the mining sector. Now the improved framework conditions in the sector must be implemented so that the extraction of raw materials contributes to sustainable development. The project "Regional Resource Governance in West Africa" with headquarters in Abidjan, Côte d'Ivoire, which GIZ is implementing on behalf of the German Ministry for Economic Development and Cooperation and the European Union, aims to improve the orientation of the mining sector towards the principles of environmental, social and economic sustainability by applying a multi-stakeholder approach with partners from government, civil society and the private sector at regional, national and local level.
- Advice to the mining and environmental authorities on improving government environmental supervision
- Support for sectoral and fiscal authorities to collect revenue from the mining sector more efficiently and effectively
- Advice on strengthening transparency and accountability in the mining sector
- Transfer of knowledge to increase the mining sector's contribution to national and local economic development
- Contributions to monitoring, communications, reporting and technical development of the above-mentioned advisory packages
- Imparting knowledge in the introduction of the cross-cutting issues of human rights and gender into project work
- University degree in administration, economics, political science, geography, law or another relevant field
- In-depth expertise in resource governance, public finance and/or environmental oversight, ideally in cooperation with the private sector or in public institutions
- Several years of experience in the implementation of project activities
- Strong skills in building, maintaining and advising networks, in process management, organizational development and change management as well as experience in implementing multi-stakeholder approaches
- High political sensitivity, understanding of the challenges of fragile statehood and very good advisory and communication skills
- Independent working method, based on cooperation and innovation
- Experience in the commercial processing of e.g. consultancy and financing contracts and other instruments of development cooperation would be an advantage
- Fluency in French and English; German language skills are an advantage
Please use the following link for information about living and working in Ivory Coast.
The security situation is tense. Tailored security risk mitigation measures are in place for GIZ staff in country. GIZ staff must adhere to security measures at all times. Please also check the county-specific information provided by the German Federal Foreign Office. GIZ runs a professional security risk management system in the field of deployment. The freedom of movement is restricted.
GIZ does not impose any restrictions on life partners and family members to move with you to the country of deployment. We kindly ask you to inform yourself which forms of relationships are legally and socially accepted in the country of deployment.
GIZ operates worldwide. As part of the GIZ team, you are prepared to take on international assignments and pass on your expertise.
This job is suited to a full or a part-time position.
The willingness to take regular business trips is required.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
A prerequisite for the conclusion of the agreement is the lifting of the restrictions currently in force in the company on the possibilities for travel and business trips in order to contain the worldwide spread of the Covid-19 virus.