Special Projects Coordinator
The Okanagan Collaborative Conservation Program (OCCP) is a partnership of organizations dedicated to protecting the Okanagan’s rich natural biodiversity by ensuring healthy ecosystems and habitat networks are valued and conserved by decision-makers and citizens. The OCCP is seeking an experienced project coordinator who can manage a project from inception to completion. This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated individual to engage in exciting and challenging conservation work. The coordinator will work with the program manager and the staff of partner organizations to design and implement conservations projects that support the Biodiversity Conservation Strategy for the Okanagan region. The special projects coordinator will schedule and facilitate meetings and workshops, prepare reports, conduct presentations and assist in developing new conservation initiatives that protect habitat for fish and wildlife.
This is a six-month contract position with renewal of the contract based on a performance review and funding.
- Coordinate OCCP partner projects (i.e., Wildlife corridors, Okanagan Lake Responsibility Planning initiative) that support the Biodiversity Conservation Strategy for the Okanagan region.
- Conduct research, prepare project reports and evaluations for OCCP partners and funders.
- Develop newsletters, social media, and make presentations to local government, community organizations and students.
- Assist in preparing grant submissions for conservation priorities.
- Provide operational support for the partnership by responding to requests for information.
Successful candidates will have:
- An undergraduate degree in environmental planning, biology, environmental sciences, community development, natural resource management or related degree/experience.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in project development and coordination.
- Strong oral and written commination skills, and interpersonal skills for establishing and maintaining relationships.
- An ability to work effectively, independently, under tight timelines and in team environments
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle as needed.
Please submit your cover letter and resume and let us know why you are the right fit for this role by Monday, October 5th.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Contract length: 6 months
Application deadline: 2020-10-05
Expected start date: 2020-10-19
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: From $65,000.00 per year
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
- project management: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)