Manager Coast and Catchments
Manager Coast and Catchments, TRP Contract - Full-time Role, 70 hours per fortnight
Competitive Salary Package subject to skills and experiences
Council Vehicle Offered (leaseback)
Stretching from Palm Beach to Manly, the Northern Beaches boasts more than half of all the beaches in Sydney and a population of more than 270,000. Northern Beaches Council was created in 2016 through the three councils of Manly, Pittwater and Warringah coming together to deliver the highest quality services to the community. Exciting new infrastructure projects and community programs have quickly demonstrated the positive impact the new council is having.
Reporting to the Executive Manager Environment & Climate Change, the Manager of Coast & Catchments team provides direction and leadership in managing staff and other resources to ensure high performance service delivery of:
- Coastal management including the management of coastal erosion, geotechnical risks, natural processes and amenity; and
- The effective management of catchments and waterways including management of risks, protection/restoration of natural areas and ongoing maintenance to appropriate standards.
• Lead the Coast & Catchments team on a strategic and day to day basis.
• Coordinate the development, implementation and review of the team budget.
• Lead the effective management of Council’s coast, catchment and waterway assets including timely restoration and protection of these assets, and ongoing maintenance and inspection cycles of the assets that ensure service levels are maintained or improved.
• Develop, implement and review Coastal Management Programs for coastal areas.
• Develop and implement a comprehensive Catchment and Waterway Management Program that is sustainable and results in improvements in condition.
• Develop, implement and review performance indicators for the team.
• Maintain currency with relevant science, policies and legislation to ensure that the Council’s responsibilities are met.
• Ensure the team provides a cohesive, risk appropriate and efficient development assessment referral service to its internal and external stakeholders.
Please refer to the Position Description for more information.
There aren’t many employers who offer career and lifestyle in a single package, but Northern Beaches Council does. We offer an attractive workplace, including:
- genuine work-life balance and flexible working arrangements
- employee wellness program and a range of lifestyle benefits
- values based culture and a teams oriented working environment
- a culture of supporting continuous professional development
- high level of technological innovation and systems
How to apply:
Apply online and upload the following information
- Click on the 'Apply' button to complete your online application.
- You will have the opportunity to attach your resume and any supporting documentation.
- Please read the Position Description. You will be required to respond to the selection criteria questions online when you apply. Your response to these questions should demonstrate how you meet the requirements of this role.
- For further information, please contact Yianni Mentis on 0466853554 during business hours.
- Applications close on 05/10/2020