INTERA Incorporated is seeking a Water Resources Professional in our Albuquerque, NM, office to support water resources projects in New Mexico, California, and throughout the Southwest. We are looking for a team player who would like to be involved in water resources projects and who would like to gain exposure to diverse markets and business environments. Our employees find that they are pleased with the amount of responsibility they are given and that there is a lot of opportunity to learn and develop. An enthusiasm for learning and problem solving will likely lead to a variety of job assignments.
The ideal candidate will have a broad background in water resources planning, water supply development, groundwater recharge, aquifer storage and recovery, watershed restoration, stakeholder engagement, and a broad understanding of both the technical as well as political and institutional aspects of developing and delivering a sustainable and resilient water supply.
INTERA is a geoscience and engineering consulting firm founded in 1974 and headquartered in Austin, Texas with offices across the United States and in Europe. Our employees say that what they value most at INTERA is our corporate culture. We value a good work-life balance, and our employees are our most valuable assets. INTERA is proud of maintaining a reputation for excellence, and we empower our employees to accomplish their best.
Job duties may include but are not limited to:
- Coordinating and working with a team of other hydrogeologists, engineers, scientists, GIS analysts, technical editors, and/or others to meet project objectives on schedule and within budget
- Developing conceptual water budgets on a basin scale
- Good understanding of surface-water/groundwater interactions
- Groundwater management plan development
- Analyzing aerial photographs, well logs, and other data sources
- Creating geologic maps and charts
- Evaluating water rights, including issues associated with the Sustainable Groundwater Management Act (SGMA) in California
- Preparing written scientific reports
- Presenting findings to clients, colleagues, and other interested parties
- Reviewing reports and research done by other scientists and engineers
Required education, skills, and experience
- Master’s degree in water resources engineering, hydrogeology, geology, or a related field
- At least 15 years of experience
- Experience working with public and/or private water agencies.
- Ability to create clear and concise written work products for internal and external clients, which may vary from technical to non-technical
- Ability to work with a technical editor, graphic artist, and/or GIS analyst to integrate text and figures together into a high-quality written work product
- Presentation skills including public speaking, presenting at conferences, and presentation software such as PowerPoint
An excellent corporate culture, generous benefits package, and performance-based bonuses are part of the advantages of being an INTERA employee. Come join our talented team of professionals who provide best in class services in our industry.
INTERA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
INTERA Incorporated participates in the federal E-Verify Program.