Water Resource Specialist
"Water needed at the SCFP all year, every year."
The mission of Tri-Districts Water Resources is to consistently supply raw water to the Soldier Canyon Filter Plant by maximizing its water right assets as cost-effectively as possible.
Tri-Districts Water Resources is seeking an experienced water resource professional to assist in the development and management of the water supplies for the East Larimer County Water District, the Fort Collins-Loveland Water District, and the North Weld County Water District.
This position reports directly to the Water Resource Manager and will be involved in a wide variety of projects to support the development and management of municipal raw water supplies.
Supports the Water Resource Manager in water supply planning, water court activities, acquisitions, water right accounting, and municipal supply operations
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Knowledge of the development and maintenance of complex accounting systems to track water supplies and municipal use
- Ability to work independently
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate complex or technical concepts and terms to non-technical employees and others
- Excellent attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- B.S. in Civil Engineering or Water Resources. Related field considered.
- Preferred five years of experience in water right analysis, change of use applications, statements of opposition, water resource planning, decree accounting, or related experience.
- Extensive knowledge of Colorado Water Law (water rights and administration).
- Water resource planning and management experience for municipal water system desired.
- Technical writing experience completing memorandums and reports.
- Proficient in the use of MS Excel and PowerPoint. Knowledge of ArcGIS software also beneficial.
- Project management experience and the ability to monitor budgets.
- Seasonal field work occasionally required.
Email resume and letter of interest to Steve Kitchell at email@example.com.
Please call 970-218-2738 with questions.
Competitive applicants may be asked to complete either testing or assessments for pre-employment screening purposes. You will be notified if you are selected for an interview or testing.
This position is open until filled.
Salary commensurate with experience.