International Environmental & Development Associate (Water CKM II)
The Cadmus Group is a premiere consulting group focusing on water, energy, climate change, international development, and homeland security. With nearly 650 people in the U.S. and Europe, we offer intellectually challenging work, a collegial environment, opportunities for advancement, and an excellent benefits package.
Cadmus has various positions open for this contract and seeks experienced experts for the anticipated Global Water Communication and Knowledge Management II (Water CKM II) activity, under USAID’s Bureau for Resilience and Food Security (RFS). The activity provides services to create, capture, and share water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) sector knowledge internally and among stakeholders and to enhance communication and outreach to inform and engage key audiences.
Cadmus seeks candidates for the following positions:
- Senior and Mid-Level Communications Specialists with experience leading or supporting the design and implementation of international development communications strategies and campaigns. Target stakeholders will include US- and internationally-based, multi-cultural audiences with diversity of expertise and experience.
- Senior and Mid-Level Knowledge Management Specialists with experience leading or supporting the design and development of international development knowledge management projects. Target stakeholders will include US- and internationally-based, multi-cultural audiences with diversity of expertise and experience, focused on international development programming and/or objectives.
- Senior and Mid-Level Technical Writers with demonstrated track record in preparing reviewing, distilling and communicating technical information on water security, water resources management, WASH, etc. in an international development context to non-technical audiences.
- Senior and Mid-Level Water Resources and Infrastructure, Civil, and/or Environmental Engineers with proven track-record in design and/or support to implementation of water security, water resources management, and/or WASH programming in international development contexts.
- Bring technical expertise and leadership in support of integrated development and deployment of strategic communications and/or knowledge product development and delivery related to water resources management and WASH in the international development context, in support of the USAID Office of Water’s core strategic objectives.
- Lead or contribute to preparation of highest quality strategic communications and/or knowledge management products and deliverables.
- Ability to interface and liaise with a multi-cultural and international set of prospective clients and audiences, many of which will be based in different countries and operating on different time zones.
- Ensure quality control and highest degree of professionalism and responsiveness, wherever engaged.
- Lead or contribute to execution of exceptional program results and facilitate programmatic ability to adapt as needed over the course of implementation.
- Master’s or Engineering degree in relevant field (preferably in communications, knowledge management, water resources management or engineering, public health as pertains to WASH, organizational learning, or environmental science)
- Minimum 7 years of water resources management, WASH, and/or strategic communications program or project experience in the international development context
- Minimum 5 years of prior experience on USAID- or other donor-funded development projects (MCC, World Bank, DFID, etc.)
- Fluency in English is required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to adapt to an ever-changing context and work in ambiguity
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States as a U.S Perm Resident or U.S. Citizen
Preferred - not required:
- Prior experience on USAID-funded development projects
- Demonstrated familiarity with the Water sector and the U.S. Government Global Water Strategy
- Prior experience working on USAID-funded WASH programs
- For Senior and Mid-Level Water Resources and Infrastructure, Civil, and/or Environmental Engineers: Ph.D. or engineering degree in relevant field of expertise
- Professional capabilities in one or more languages which align with key geographic regions of intervention (e.g., Latin America/Caribbean, Middle East, Sub-Saharan Africa, Eastern Europe/Eurasia, South / Southeast Asia)
Additional Information: To apply, submit a resume and Cover Letter - cover letter should indicate language proficiency (reading, writing and oral).
Cadmus is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination. Cadmus is committed to providing a respectful workplace where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation (including gender identity and/or expression), national origin, military and veteran status, physical and mental disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.