Environment and Climate Change Senior Technical Advisor
Position title: Environment and Climate Change Senior Technical Advisor (TA III)
Reports to: Regional Director, Asia Pacific
Location: Bangkok or other Asia Pacific country
FHI 360 seeks an Environment and Climate Change Senior Technical Advisor (STA) to lead the development and implementation of FHI 360’s environment and climate change strategic initiative. This includes identifying and securing traditional and non-traditional financial resources, developing and supporting the implementation of technical strategies, programs or tools and building staff capacity and providing guidance to ensure that program design and implementation adheres to appropriate technical standards and guidelines. The STA is expected to stay current of traditional and non-traditional funding streams and evolving technical standards, guidelines, and program developments in area of expertise and is responsible for sharing best practices and contributing to the knowledge base through participation in scientific forums and technical networks. The position, based in the Asia Pacific region, will report to the Regional Director and coordinate closely with FHI 360’s other operating units, including disaster preparedness and response, economic growth, global health, nutrition, gender and digital solutions, and FHI 360 subsidiaries.
- Provide technical leadership in one or more environment-related technical areas: biodiversity loss, natural resource management, pollution, climate change, water resource management, energy.
- Grow FHI 360’s Asia Pacific environment and climate change practice area; including securing funding for program implementation, research and thought leadership.
- Lead design, implementation and quality assurance of environment and climate change activities in Collaborate closely with and facilitate technical exchange with FHI 360 and subsidiary staff.
- Develop tools for the design and implementation of specific technical components; ensure project implementation adheres to the appropriate global strategy and remains technically sound.
- Review, analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of programs/projects and make recommendations for improvement.
- Represent FHI 360 at professional meetings and conferences, organize scientific events and grow FHI 360’s reputation as a thought leader in the environment and climate change arena.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Doctoral degree or its International Equivalent in natural resource management or a related field.
- 10 or more years of scientific leadership in one or more of the following areas: biodiversity loss, natural resource management, pollution, climate change, water resource management, energy.
- Track record of producing technical products, such as journal articles, job aids, training curricula or other tools.
- Demonstrated experience in leading and managing complex projects that are strategic in nature and national/international in scope.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360's Career Portal.