OneWorld is a Cape Town-based sustainable development consulting organisation focused on adaptive development within the context of a changing climate and resource constraints. We work at a science-policy-development interface with a view to building resilience to the challenge of climate change in the African region and beyond.
We are looking for a Research Intern to join the OneWorld team. The intern will be expected to provide research and administrative support to existing project work as well as assisting with Business Development through tender tracking and contributing to the development of proposals and reports. As an intern, you can expect to gain valuable insight on the project lifecycle, from inception right through to completion. You will also advance your knowledge and experience in project-based development work in the climate change arena.
•‘Recent post-graduate students with a Masters degree or in the research phase of their Masters degree. Any application without a Masters degree will not be considered”
• South African nationals, permanent residence holders and/or foreign nationals with a preexisting right to work. Foreign nationals without a valid work or residency permit will not be considered.
• Fluency in English is essential and proficiency in any other of South Africa’s official languages is an advantage.
Required Competencies and Attributes:
• Knowledge of research methodologies, analysis and report-writing
• Proficiency in the Microsoft Office package
• Excellent typing, writing and communication skills
• The ability to process information quickly and multi-task on a variety of different project themes
• Team-player with the ability to self-start and work independently with minimal supervision
• Provide support on research and investigation with regard to OneWorld’s proposals and projects.
• Translate proposal and contract requirements into project references
• Reformatting of CVs and project references • Obtaining and documenting contact lists
• Provide support on research and investigation with regard to OneWorld’s projects.
• Develop and implement effective research support and investigation to achieve proposal / project goals.
• Conduct desktop and investigative work.
• Monitor, capture and organise information and data into databases to ensure that strategic and valuable information is easily available.
• Analyses information and data, produces briefing papers and reports to support project goals.
• Keeps abreast of useful information, resources, tools, technical and technological development in related fields to ensure that research capacity is up to date.
• Provides ongoing tracking of trends and insights on OneWorld’s Climate resilience programmatic focus areas; contributes to the development of thought pieces.
If you are interested, please submit a full Curriculum Vitae (CV), a full letter of motivation as to why you wish to pursue a career in the fields that One World covers, a transcript of your university grades, and a pertinent example of your recent written work to . An electronic copy of your Master’s dissertation/thesis would also be helpful