U.S. nationals: Hydrologist
This position is located in the Pacific Northwest Region on the Malheur National Forest, Prairie City Ranger District, duty stationed at Prairie City, Oregon.
This position performs professional hydrologist work providing technical guidance within the framework of multiple-use management of forest and range lands.
For additional information about the duties of this position, please contact Hazel Wood at 541-820-3892 or
Learn more about this agency
- Assist in the development of land management planning related to hydrological evaluation.
- Evaluate impacts of land management in correlation with water resources.
- Prepare environmental analysis reports for restoration projects being considered for implementation.
- Interpret watershed rehabilitation and management planning and provide technical guidance within the framework of multiple-use management of land units.
- Analyze hydrologic data relating to one or more of the three disciplinary fields (ground-water, surface-water, and water quality).
- Analyze hydrologic data to determine apparent reasons for data anomalies.
- Participate with higher level project hydrologists to develop project proposals or descriptions.
- Exchange information with other specialists on interdisciplinary teams to resolve problems.