Pool of Experts for Forest-PLUS 2.0: forest for water and prosperity
Forest-PLUS 2.0: forest for water and prosperity is a five-year program of the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and Government of India’s Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEFCC). It was awarded to Tetra Tech ARD by USAID in December 2018. The goal of Forest-PLUS 2.0 is to improve management of targeted forest landscapes in three states in India for enhanced ecosystem services and increased inclusive economic opportunities. An improved ecosystem approach to management will in turn lead to improved ecosystem services and contribute to sustainable and inclusive economic growth in the country.
Forest-PLUS 2.0 is looking for resource persons with relevant experience in technology for development especially GIS and mobile app development, natural resource management, enterprise development, water resource management, gender issues, communications, capacity building, and M&E. They should be committed to participatory processes and have training/learning/facilitation orientation and skills. Typical areas of expertise include social mobilization, social action, group facilitation and institution building, livelihoods promotion, livelihood collectives, leadership, human resource and organisation development, project/strategic planning and management tools/skills etc.
Forest-PLUS 2.0 intends to create a pool of these experts to train, nurture and guide stakeholders of the Project and support activities of Forest-PLUS 2.0 in New Delhi, Bihar, Kerala and Telangana, in functions such as capacity building, designing, technical writing, research and analysis.
Forest-PLUS 2.0 is seeking applications for multiple positions as outlined below:
- Resource persons and Trainers (on gender and forestry issues; leadership; and mobile applications)
- Stakeholder engagement experts based in Kerala, Telangana, and Bihar
- Researchers with expertise on ecosystem services, incentive-based mechanisms
- Specialist in developing memorandum of understanding related to incentive-based mechanisms
- Monitoring and Evaluation specialists
- Technical and content writers on natural resources management and social inclusion
- Technical writer for Forest Working Plan (NWPC 2014) compliant chapters
- Infographics Expert
- GIS expert
- Mobile app developer
- Software Developer
- Technical Expert on Synthetic Aperture Radar
- Landscape and land use planning experts based in Kerala, Telangana, and Bihar
The following are tasks and activities that the resource persons are likely to be engaged in Forest-PLUS 2.0 program:
- Conduct research and / or provide inputs for Forest-PLUS 2.0 project deliverables.
- Conduct training needs assessment (TNA); develop training curriculum and modules.
- Impart training to state forest department staff and community (institutions and members) on forest management tools and techniques.
- Edit and rewrite as necessary technical reports, as a series of publication-quality documents.
- Prepare concept-notes, write up, and other writings as requested.
- Design and develop communication material.
- Support writing workshops to finalize chapters of Working Plans through tables and maps.
- Facilitate ongoing technical assistance in multiple thematic areas like institution building, capacity building and gender integration.
- Carry out the data processing and data analysis associated with Working Plan preparation and / or preliminary analysis and review of previous Working Plan in terms of measures taken for management of ecosystem services.
- Revision of Working Plans in accordance with National Working Plan Code 2014 (NWPC-2014).
- Support development/revision of decision support systems and low-cost monitoring systems for forest management and land use outside forest areas.
- Provide support in development and maintenance of an integrated system comprising a mobile app and a web portal for collection of forest inventory and ecosystem services data for Working Plans
- GIS analysis to generate working circles/prescriptions to include in Working Plan documents.
- Provide support on Synthetic Aperture Radar piloting and development
- Conducting short-term market access studies for specific agroforestry products.
Towards this, Forest-PLUS 2.0 is looking for individual resource persons with the following profile to apply:
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Natural Resource Management, Social Sciences, Rural Management, Development Studies or related field. Preferably from reputed institutions like all IIMs, all IITs, XLRI, FMS, IRMA, Delhi School of Economics, IIFM, TISS, Delhi School of Social Work, JNU, XISS, XIMB, and other similarly placed institutions
- Willingness to work in Delhi, Bihar, Telangana, and Kerala and travel to remote locations
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant intensive experience and expertise in research, consulting, capacity building and communication and other such related functional areas.
- The abovementioned experience should be in any one or more of the following areas - natural resource management, water resource management, climate change and related areas.
- Good Understanding of the concept of ecosystem services, of different stakeholder groups and the National Working Plan Code 2014.
- Established working relationship with FSI, MOEFCC and other international organisations. (Preferred)
- Work experience with large environment and sustainability programs in India. (Preferred)
- Good participatory training and facilitation skills, with proven ability and experience in delivering trainings in English/Hindi/Malayalam/Telugu.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Working knowledge of MS Office
Interested persons can send their latest updated resume with their preference for position(s), state(s) and area(s) of expertise, to firstname.lastname@example.org, latest by September 30, 2020. Submissions should include one writing sample and contact information of two references.
The Subject line must clearly mention the position(s) applied for.
Based on the qualifications, experience, aptitude, and mutual exploration during the initial discussion, suitable persons will be considered for empanelment as resource persons with Forest-PLUS 2.0 program at the national, state or landscape level.