Technical Adviser (WASH)
WaterAid Bangladesh is an international not-for-profit organization, determined to make clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone, everywhere within a generation and is looking for a dynamic, passionate and self-driven person for the position of ‘Technical Adviser-WASH’ for its country office in Bangladesh
WaterAid provides water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) services for the poor and marginalised people and influence the government and development partners to become more responsive and pro-poor. Recognising the hydro-geological variation, WaterAid offers a range of context-specific water and sanitation technologies in Bangladesh. As the ‘Technical Adviser-WASH’, the position’s scope includes enriching organisation’s technological portfolio with more innovative technological, practical and sustainable WASH solutions that can respond to climate change impacts, arsenic contamination and other emerging factors.
The position is responsible to encounter the technological challenges and social barriers, capacitate the engineers of WaterAid and its partners and suggest and accredit innovative technologies for WaterAid projects. Her/his engagement will be required for designing and implementing the research and pilot initiatives including sludge management, rainwater harvesting, decentralised waste-water management systems, reverse osmosis etc. for strengthening WaterAid Bangladesh footing in terms of WASH related technical interventions. This broad objective will need to be served by providing expertise and support internally, within programmatic designs and thinking; as well as externally, through building WaterAid Bangladesh’s image as a key stakeholder in the WASH sector.
The Job Description along with other details of the position can be seen here.
Requisite qualifications and experience
- BSc in civil, environmental, sanitary or water resources engineering with a master’s in engineering, environment or development field along with excellent academic track record. Applicant’s having Ph.D, degree will get preference
- At least 08-10 years relevant working experience in the similar field; with reputed national/ international organisations, or in academia
- Proven experience of independently designing water and sanitation infrastructures and ability to provide technical guidance to Engineers
- Familiarity with computer aided design platforms (eg AutoCAD) is desired
- Understanding of the issues relating to water, sanitation and hygiene in national and global context will be an added advantage
- Facilitation and strong interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent writing and presentation skill both in Bangla and English
- Good leadership qualities, managing people, team building spirit and problem solving skills; able to draw confidence and support from others.
- High level of pro-activeness and creativity, positive attitude and ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Able to plan and prioritise tasks, promote integrity and aptitude to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
(other details are in the Job Description)
Director – Policy and Advocacy
Country Office in Dhaka, with extensive travel across the country.
02 years, with a possibility of extension.
Salary & benefits
Monthly gross salary range is around BDT 1,70,000 to 1,80,000, corresponding to the skill, competencies and experiences, higher salary may be offered to deserving candidates. Other benefits include provident fund, gratuity, festival bonus, life insurance for self, hospitalisation insurance scheme for self, spouse and children, cell phone allowances etc.