Water/ Wastewater Engineer
Supported by more than 3,000 employees in nearly 100 locations across the United States, we provide a full continuum of engineering and consulting services, including design, planning, architectural, environmental, construction and program management. Our clients include U.S. federal, state and municipal governments, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of commercial clients. Michael Baker is committed to delivering a standard of excellence that fosters a culture of innovation, collaboration and technological advancement to help solve our clients' complex challenges.
Michael Baker International’s Water Group provides innovative consulting, planning and engineering solutions for the entire spectrum of the water cycle. We have proven experience in providing a full range of professional services from scientific and technical analysis, concept through design, and construction support services. Protection and management of water resources starts at the watershed level and follows the movement of water through urban and agricultural areas, streams, lakes and reservoirs, water distribution systems, wastewater collection systems, and water/wastewater treatment plants.
You will be a part of our team of talented engineers involved with designing and managing a variety of primarily municipal water, wastewater and stormwater-related projects, such as water distribution/transmission and wastewater collection and conveyance systems, pump stations, flow control and storage, storm drainage facilities and related civil work, including the following:
- Working as part of a project team and being responsible for planning, design, calculations, presentations and overall project development for a variety of municipal water/wastewater and stormwater projects
- Coordinating the preparation of design drawings, specifications, calculations, hydraulic modeling and associated regulatory permits
- Conducting technical evaluations to support planning and design efforts
- Preparation and review of technical memoranda, reports, drawings, specifications, and miscellaneous contract documents
- Performing construction administration duties, including reviewing and processing of contractors’ shop drawings and related submittals, claims and change orders, and responses to requests for information
- Communicate effectively and coordinating with project managers, junior engineers and CAD technicians and other related disciplines and subconsultant activities, such as survey, subsurface utility engineering (SUE), geotechnical, corrosion control, structural, transportation and GIS
- Assist in pursuit of new project opportunities with various clients, including preparation of proposals and participation in interview presentations
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree in Civil/Environmental Engineering or a related engineering field (required)
- Have 4-8 years of increasingly responsible, professional experience in the study, design, and construction administration of water, wastewater and stormwater collection and conveyance infrastructure and related facilities (pipelines, force mains, and pump stations).
- Be a team player and a self-starter, who is versatile and interested in working on a variety of projects
- Have excellent technical writing and communication skills (required)
- Demonstrate proficiency in organization and presentation of project documents
- Possess a Virginia P.E. license, or able to obtain a reciprocal Virginia P.E. license immediately
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite including Word, Outlook, Project, Excel and PowerPoint (required)
- Functional familiarity with MicroStation and AutoCAD is desired
MICHAEL BAKER INTERNATIONAL EEO STATEMENT
Michael Baker International is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Michael Baker International provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Michael Baker International maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.
EEO is the Law. Applicants to and employees of Michael Baker International are protected under Federal law from discrimination.