Operational Technical Referent (WASH)
Created in 1979, Action contre la Faim is a non-governmental organization that fights against hunger. Its charter of humanitarian principals- independence, neutrality, non-discrimination, free and direct access to victims, professionalism, transparency - has been part of its identity for more than 40 years. Its mission is to save lives by eliminating hunger through the prevention, detection and treatment of under-nutrition, particularly during and after emergency situations linked to conflicts or natural disasters. Action contre la Faim focuses its actions on 5 main areas of expertise: Nutrition and Health – Mental Health and Care Practices, Gender and Protection - Food Security and Livelihoods – Water, Sanitation and Hygiene – Advocacy. In 2019, Action contre la Faim provided aid to 17 million people in more than 49 countries worldwide. www.actioncontrelafaim.org
Country: France – Headquarters
As an Operational Technical Referent, you join the Operations Department to support the field and head office teams to ensure the quality, relevance and technical innovation of ACF's interventions. You work with several ACF departments to ensure the technical link between headquarters and the field.
Your pool covers the following countries Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Côte d'Ivoire, Central African Republic, Chad.
Your responsibilities as an operational technical referent are as follows:
Tasks 1 to 5: 70% of working time.
- You provide a contextual technical analysis to the pool desk
- You provide technical advice to the missions
- You promote and evaluate the technical quality of interventions
- You develop the technical expertise of the teams
- You participate in the management of human resources in the business sector.
- You promote technical advances and contribute to the development of ACF's expertise in the field (30% of working time).
You hold a bachelor degree in WASH (hydrology, hydrogeology, hydraulic and/or environment), you have at least 3 years of WASH humanitarian experience and 1 year at a coordination level. Field experience with ACF as well as knowledge of the pool desk’s countries would be a real asset. Rigorous and organized, you have good interpersonal skills and must be able to make decisions quickly while managing priorities. You work well in a team and are able to adapt to different situations and interlocutors.
Fluent French and English are required.
Specific conditions / salary:
Contract: permanent contract
Conditions for French Contract:
- Annual Salary : Salary between€ 35.7k and €41.5K gross over 13 months
- 21 days of extra leaves (RTT)/ year
- restaurant vouchers of 8 € (60% covered by ACF)
- complementary health insurance (covered 80% by ACF)
- Refund of 50% of public transportation fees
ACF is committed to people with disabilities and actively fights against all forms of discrimination.
To apply :
CV & Cover Letter to