U.S. nationals: Research Hydrologist
Serves as a research scientist in the Watershed Physical Processes Research Unit of the United States Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service, National Sedimentation Laboratory(NSL) in Oxford, MS. The incumbent develops improved methods to measure, control, and predict erosion and sediment yield from fields, streams, and impoundments in watersheds and to develop water management practices and systems that improve water availability for agricultural sustainability.
Learn more about this agency
- Conducts individual and team research related to difficult and fundamental problems in the development of technologies to assess regional groundwater issues that affect agriculture, including technology transfer for federal and state action agencies.
- Assess integrated strategies to address regional groundwater issues that affect agriculture.
- Investigates methods for increasing groundwater recharge, including aquifer storage and recovery.
- Develops new knowledge of physical processes governing surface-groundwater interactions.
- Bases planned and implemented research and data collection on long term agricultural research network approaches.