Intern (Water SG, SDSC)
1. INTERNSHIP TOPIC:
"Enhancing Investment and Sustainability of Wastewater Treatment Facilities."
2. SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION:
To carry a review of the sustainability and health efficacy of ADB funding of Wastewater Treatment Plants (WWTPs) with objective to enhance sustainability and increase WWTP investments and improve health outcomes. The review will include (i) literature and desk review and statistical analysis (especially ADB and other MDB portfolios) of WWTP investments, including independent evaluations, (ii) interviews with WWTP management at ADB funded WWTPs and ADB project officers regarding plant design, performance, enablers and barriers, underlying causes for poor sustainability and the enabling environment for successful sustainability; (iii) interviews of a broader range stakeholders will be interviewed as well to assess the scale of and contributing factors towards the sustainability and non-sustainability of WWTPs, (iv) present findings and making recommendations to ensure sustainability in ADB projects, and (v) making recommendations for ADB and DMC counterparts to scale their investments in WWTPs and to integrate health outcomes in light of the current corona virus (COVID-19) crisis.
3. PERIOD OF ASSIGNMENT:
- Duration: 8 weeks (with a possibility of extension)
- Timing: January 2021
4. LOCATION: ADB Headquarters, Manila, Philippines
5. EXPECTED OUTCOMES:
Increased investments and improved sustainability of WWTPs.
6. EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
Currently enrolled in a Masters or PhD program in Civil and Environmental Engineering, Public Health, Development Economics and/or Policy Studies, Health Sciences, Economics or any other relevant discipline to the assignment.
7. RELEVANT EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Experience with Water and Wastewater Treatment and MDB financing are preferred.
Upload the following documents in the “Attachments” section of your application:
1. Curriculum vitae (CV)
2. Proof of enrollment to a Masters or PhD program. Inclusive dates should confirm that you will be enrolled during the intended period of assignment.
3. Essay in MS WORD or PDF document, maximum of 1500 words per question. (Please see essay questions below)
(1) Describe one example of your experience that demonstrated your interest in working in ADB.
(2) Highlight your qualifications that will help accomplish this internship assignment (e.g., coursework, research, work experience, etc.).