Chief Operating Officer
We are currently seeking a Chief Operating Officer to manage the financial and operational functions of Climate Analytics and to lead the global operations team consisting of finance, human resources, administration and project management. A key priority for the position is to build up and maintain a solid financial system and structure on which the organisational and office development and direction can be built. The COO reports to the CEO, and is a key member of the Executive Management Team. The position is responsible for the smooth running of the organisation’s operations and financial management, including through the provision of related advice on strategic and risk related matters to senior management. It will foster a global organisational perspective for operations in support of the organisation’s programmes and offices and ensure alignment with its objectives and strategy.
The position is based in Berlin.
- Oversight of all business operations, administration, project management and HR.
- Line management of operation team leads.
- Oversight of all aspects of financial management and planning across the whole organisation.
- Responsibility for internal operations budgeting.
- Strategic planning of operations in line with the needs concerning expected/planned organisational growth.
- Leading HR Strategy, staff development, contracting.
- Hold content teams accountable for delivering all necessary financial inputs in time and quality.
- Leading on corporate governance compliance issues and standardising and aligning processes across Climate Analytics.
- Managing material risks and opportunities for the organization (e.g. reputational, financial).
- Monitoring and reporting on organisational performance and development to the CEO, the Executive Management Team and the Board.
- Drive and promote cross-organisational processes, procedures and standards.
- Promote and cultivate an appropriate leadership and corporate culture for the organisation.
You will ideally have the following qualifications and skills:
- A graduate degree in business, finance or related discipline.
- At least seven years’ experience in a similar position with international organisations or in the non-profit sector.
- Successful track record in management and leadership of medium-sized teams.
- Proven capacity in all aspects of financial management and business operations with previous hands-on experience.
- Resolute and robust nature in dealing with strong and opinionated leaders.
- High level of communication and interpersonal skills and experience in working effectively in a multi- cultural environment.
- Proven capacity to work independently and under pressure.
- A well-developed sense for team work and ability to interact with a diverse array of people.
- Experience and ability to effectively work in an international and intercultural demanding environment.
- Willingness and ability to travel.
- Working language is English. Good level of German is required. Basic French skills are welcome.
- Interest in our field of climate change.
- A purposeful job. Your skills help to make a positive difference in our work in the field of climate change.
- You will work in a team of passionate and engaged people, which foster relationships through team events and other joint activities.
- Our Berlin office is located near Moritzplatz in the heart of the lively Kreuzberg district, surrounded by a dynamic start-up scene and easily accessible by public transport.
Please apply with your CV, cover letter and a list of three referees in PDF format by 4 October 2020 and indicate in your cover letter your earliest start date and your salary expectations.
Please apply exclusively using the application form. Applications by email or by post can unfortunately not be processed.
For further information send your questions via email to email@example.com.