Four Peaks Environmental Science & Data Solutions, LLC (Four Peaks) is a growing environmental science and engineering firm serving public and private entities nationwide. We help clients solve challenges in the aquatic environment requiring expertise in aquatic research, water resource management, data science, and regulatory compliance. Our mission is to provide data-driven, cost-effective solutions and the highest level of customer service to our clients.
Four Peaks has an opening for an environmental scientist position to support its growing water resources practice based out of Chicago, Illinois. The environmental scientist will support environmental data analyses, water quality modeling, and environmental compliance tasks on projects nationwide. The position will provide ample opportunities to work on important environmental challenges facing our clients and rapidly grow into an increasingly responsible position within the firm.
We expect to fill this vacancy as a staff-level scientist and will prioritize candidates with a sound technical skillset and an enthusiasm for taking on new challenges. If you are interested in joining our dynamic, growing team please considering applying today.
- Provide technical support for water resources management, water quality modeling, and environmental data analyses projects nationwide
- Develop data analyses and data visualization using Python, R, or other similar languages
- Develop geospatial maps and analyses with ArcGIS, ArcPy, QGIS, or other related tools
- Support the development and application of surface water modeling tools such as CE-QUAL-W2, EFDC, DELFT3D for various environmental projects
- Contribute to technical reports and other project deliverables in a timely manner
- Travel to field sites and provide field support for ongoing field investigations and projects as needed
- Contribute to marketing and business development efforts
- A Master's degree or higher in environmental engineering, environmental science, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in a consulting environment or post-graduate experience
- Experience in surface water quality modeling and presenting data visually using Python, R, or other programming languages
- A strong academic background on environmental fluid mechanics, water quality modeling, aquatic chemistry, and limnology
- Experience in working with DEM, LiDAR, and bathymetry data
- Proficiency writing technical reports and other scientific documents
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- High level of motivation and willingness to take on a wide range of tasks
- Experience in modeling reservoirs with hydropower operations
- Professional engineer or other relevant certifications
- Ph.D. in environmental engineering, environmental science, or related discipline
- Experience with water quality standards and environmental requirements associated with hydropower projects, specifically in working on Clean Water Act Section 401 Water Quality Certification compliance
- Experience in applying hydrodynamic and water quality modeling for aquatic habitat evaluations and restoration
Four Peaks is committed to ensuring a diverse, equitable, and inclusive community. Through this commitment we hope to positively impact our local, regional, national, and global communities—those same communities in which we operate. We live our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion at Four Peaks as core values through how we hire, promote, and develop our team. We are determined to pursue these values to build a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive day-to-day workplace and company culture.
Summary of Employee Benefits
- Annual profit-based bonus reflecting company-wide performance
- Performance-based incentive compensation
- Employer sponsored health insurance
- 401k program with employer match
- 8 paid holidays and a generous paid time off program
- Cell phone allowance
Applications will be reviewed and considered as they are received. We will accept applications until September 30, 2020, or until the position is filled, whichever is earlier.