Invitation for Bids No: FIPAG/WASIS II/CON-38/20
1. This Request for Expressions of Interest follows the General Procurement Notice for this Project that appeared in Development Business of 4th December 2015.
2. The Republic of Mozambique has received a Grant from the International Development Association toward the cost of the Water Services and Institutional Support II Project (WASIS II), and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this credit to payments under the Contract for the Hydro-mechanical Advisor.
3. The Hydro-mechanical Specialist will be directly contracted to FIPAG for part time involvement over a period of two years. Some work can be done from his home office, but is required to visit Mozambique from time to time when he will be based in the FIPAG Head Office in Maputo. During his time in Mozambique, he will be required to visit the systems in all the cities under FIPAG´s responsibility, including where FIPAG have on-going construction or projects to start, as required. He/she will be required to liaise closely with the FIPAG Central Services for Projects and Investments, Operations and Great Maputo Water Supply Project Office.
Key activities of the Hydro-mechanical advisor shall divide into activities to perform in Mozambique and also from his/her home office. The services are detailed in the TOR and include the following:
Task 1: Services to be performed in Mozambique
Visits to Mozambique will be arranged from time to time. During this period in Mozambique the services of the hydro-mechanical advisor will be used as required by the needs at the time.
Task 2: Services to be performed from home office, when requested
Apart from the time spent in Mozambique, the hydro-mechanical advisor will from time to time be contacted by e-mail or through Skype discussions to provide his expert opinion regarding some actions.
4. The Investment Fund and Water Supply Asset Holder (FIPAG) as implementing agency of the Government of Mozambique now invites eligible individual consultants to indicate their interest in providing the services. Interested individual consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (CV with description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, etc.).
5. The Hydro-mechanical Advisor shall possess the following qualifications and experience:
- A degree in Electrical and Mechanical Engineering, with a minimum of 15 years of electro-mechanical experience in the urban water sector;
- Experience in at least 5 water production and distribution projects including the design and installation of hydro- electromechanical equipment (electrical water pumps, power supply systems, communication network, telemetry system, standby generators, etc) on which 3 was related to each of surface and groundwater abstraction, conventional water treatment plants, pump stations, water main protection and distribution centers;
- Experience over at least 5 years in the hand-on operation and maintenance of urban water production and distribution systems;
- Sound experience of working with electrically actuated systems, especially with VSD and PLC´s command;
- Fluency in the English language both written and spoken, with particular emphasis on report writing and contractual correspondence. The working language, all reports and communications, will be in English and Portuguese. Therefore, Portuguese knowledge will be an advantage.
- Experience in FIDIC based contracts, familiarity with Mozambican national policies and procedures within the water sector as well as experience of externally funded projects (ADB, French Development Agency, Orio or World Bank).
6. The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Section III, paragraphs, 3.14, 3.16, and 3.17 of the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” July 2016 and revised November 2017 and August 2018 (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
7. A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Individual Consultant Selection method set out in the Procurement Regulations.
8. Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address below from 8:30 to 12:00 and 14:00 to 15:30 hours during weekdays and Terms of Reference can be downloaded on the following link: http://www.fipag.co.mz/index.php/pt/documentos-media/anuncios-concursos/...
9. Expressions of Interest must be delivered in English to the address below by 14:30 hours on 30thSeptember 2020.
Fundo de Investimento e Património do Abastecimento de Água - FIPAG
Av. Filipe Samuel Magaia, Nr 1291 R/C, Maputo, Mozambique
Telephone: 258 21 30 88 40, Facsimile: 258 21 30 88 81