Programme Director (Business & Nature)
The University of Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership (CISL) is a globally influential institute within the University of Cambridge working on a mission to develop leadership and solutions towards a sustainable economy.
Our work has never been more relevant as leaders in business and government look to 'build back better' from the Covid-19 global pandemic. In our eyes, this means an economic recovery which prioritises investment and innovation in solutions to climate change, the restoration of nature, whilst delivering inclusive, resilient societies.
This is an exciting and visible role for an experienced individual to take responsibility for building and growing commercial initiatives in accordance with market needs and the strategic objectives of the team. In addition, the role holder oversees the growth of existing initiatives such as the Natural Capital Impact Group.
The Programme Director works with senior leaders, including Board-level sponsors, from progressive companies, including household names, with significant land footprints and dependencies upon nature. They establish and build upon relationships with clients and work closely with individual companies to help them develop responses to nature-based risks and create nature-positive strategies.
Applicants must be committed to the values that underpin CISL's work and will be expected to demonstrate the following essential skills and experience:
- Proven ability to identify potential business opportunities and turn them into active revenue generating projects.
- Experience and proven ability to build, grow and maintain commercial and funding relationships with key leaders from business and government.
- Experience in preparing bids and proposals to secure new business and funding.
- Experience of working in fields related to nature and biodiversity and having an understanding of how these and related issues can be applied by business.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to manage creative and dynamic teams.
The following attributes are desirable:
- An active network of contacts within the sustainability field, and in particular in the business and nature space.
- Experience in facilitating groups of executives in a related area.
- Experience of use of research and evidence in driving business innovation.
- Experience in turning one-off projects into repeatable projects.
Click the 'Apply' button below to register an account with our recruitment system (if you have not already) and apply online.
If you have any questions about this vacancy or the application process, please contact the CISL Human Resources team, Human.Resources@cisl.cam.ac.uk.
Please quote reference EN23959 on your application and in any correspondence about this vacancy.
The University actively supports equality, diversity and inclusion and encourages applications from all sections of society.
The University has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.