Australia nationals: Director of the Groundwater Advice and Data Section
In the Director, Groundwater Advice and Data role you will:
• provide leadership, management and strategic direction to a multidisciplinary team of geoscientists to contribute to the delivery of Groundwater Advice and Data Section activities
• maintain professional knowledge and continue to develop knowledge and expertise in various aspects of hydrogeology and the regulatory and legislative environment surrounding groundwater issues
• oversee and coordinate the provision of high-level, expert hydrogeological and other specialist geoscientific advice to policy development and decision making within other Australian Government agencies
• effectively communicate section outputs to a range of stakeholders through the preparation of high-quality scientific briefings, authoritative technical reports and presentations
• develop and implement data management and approaches applicable to groundwater systems
• cultivate, maintain and develop collaborative relationships with Australian and jurisdictional government agencies and other Geoscience Australia areas with an interest in groundwater issues
• manage and oversee agreements and contracts with other government agencies, both state and federal
• contribute to the strategic direction and senior leadership of the Advice, Investment Attraction and Analysis Branch and the Minerals, Energy and Groundwater Division, within the context of Geoscience Australia’s strategic priorities
• drive and promote an inclusive agency culture and a safe work environment.
See the role profile for more details and click apply above.