The research assistant will work within the international and interdisciplinary project ide3a, in the role of the coordinator. ide3a aims to implement an interdisciplinary and international educational program supported by digital education platforms and open knowledge tools. Gamification mechanisms and different short courses accessible internationally by the ide3a partner universities will be developed throughout the duration of the project.
The research assistant will be located with the Smart Water Networks research group (https://www.swn.tu-berlin.de/) at TU Berlin and will have access to common facilities in the interdisciplinary and inter-university working environment of the Einstein Center Digital Future. Moreover, most of the research activities will be developed as collaborative efforts with other research groups located at ide3a partner universities in Europe (Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Dublin City University, Cracow University of Technology, Politecnico di Milano).
The candidate will be responsible for all coordination activities within ide3a, in collaboration with the current coordinator and the whole ide3a team. S/he will be in charge of arranging teaching events and conferences scheduled in the ide3a project proposal. Moreover, the candidate will be in charge of preparing the annual project report for the DAAD, administrate the project budget, answer incoming e-mails on a regularly basis, organize status meetings between the different TU Berlin departments involved in the project, and report to the project director.
This Research Assistant will be a member of vibrant research communities with opportunities for collaboration and mentorship and will work in close connection with the other ide3a coordinator, the project leaders and international project coordinators.
The tasks for this position also include (i) the update and maintenance of the ide3a project website and social media channels, (ii) the overall overview of the project milestones and activities, and (iii) the guidance of students (incoming and outgoing) for all administrative steps.
- Successfully completed university degree (Master, Diplom or equivalent) in a subject linked to one of our partner regions (Eastern/Northern/Southern European studies), Science Management, or similar
- Experience in coordination of international research consortiums
- Experience in the guidance of international students/guest researchers
- Experience in reporting to and communication with funding backers (DAAD, BMBF, DFG, or similar)
- Excellent communication skills, teamwork skills, proactive behavior, and commitment
- Excellent written and oral language skills in German - at least C2 level
- Very good written and oral language skills in English - at least C1 level
- Willingness to travel and to participate in conferences
- Experience in preparing conferences and summer schools
- Preferable: Knowledge of the structure and experience in communication with the university administration, skills in other European languages
How to apply:
Please send your application in English with the reference number and the usual documents (cover letter, CV with final grades, certificate of Master ́s degree & report) only by email as a single PDF document to Prof. Dr. Cominola via firstname.lastname@example.org.
By submitting your application via email you consent to having your data electronically processed and saved. Please note that we do not provide a guaranty for the protection of your personal data when submitted as unprotected file. Please find our data protection notice acc. DSGVO (General Data Protection Regulation) at the TU staff department homepage: https://www.abt2-t.tu-berlin.de/menue/themen_a_z/datenschutzerklaerung/ or quick access 214041.
To ensure equal opportunities between women and men, applications by women with the required qualifications are explicitly desired. Qualified individuals with disabilities will be favored. The TU Berlin values the diversity of its members and is committed to the goals of equal opportunities.
Technische Universität Berlin - Der Präsident - Fakultät V, Institut für Strömungsmechanik und Technische Akustik, FG Smart Water Networks, Prof. Dr. Cominola, Sekr. FSD, Straße des 17. Juni 135, 10623 Berlin