Lead Coordinator (Airport Environmental Programs)
Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities, both at work and during your time off? Join our American Airlines family, and you’ll travel the world, grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you’ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Feel free to enrich both your personal and work life and hop on board!
Why you'll love this job
- This job is a member of the Hubs & Gateways Team within the Customer Experience Division.
- Responsible for administering environmental programs, including Emissions Reporting, Aircraft Potable Water, and Dangerous Goods.
What you'll do
- Conducts trend analysis and prepare reports on environmental and hazardous materials compliance
- Assists in conducting station audits and ensure compliance with local, state, and federal regulations
- Assists facility management, employees, and vendors to implement policies and procedures
- Assists in conducting inspections, hazardous waste management, and potable water sampling
- Investigates non-compliance issues
- Develops and monitors corrective actions
- Maintains invoice database; submit invoices for processing
- Serves as administrator for Environmental Management System - Excellence thru Quality (ETQ)
- Manages the MSDS/3E system
All you'll need for success
Minimum Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- Bachelors degree in relevant field or equivalent experience/training
- 3 years environmental and regulatory experience, including audits/inspections
- 3 years experience in tracking, analyzing, trending, and reporting data
Preferred Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- Mishap investigation experience
- Airline operational experience
- Experience in Excellence thru Quality (ETQ)
Skills, Licenses & Certifications
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and a high-volume workload
What you'll get
Feel free to take advantage of all that American Airlines has to offer:
- Travel Perks: Ready to explore the world? You, your family and your friends can reach 365 destinations on more than 6,800 daily flights across our global network.
- Health Benefits: On day one, you’ll have access to your health, dental, prescription and vision benefits to help you stay well. And that’s just the start, we also offer virtual doctor visits, flexible spending accounts and more.
- Wellness Programs: We want you to be the best version of yourself – that’s why our wellness programs provide you with all the right tools, resources and support you need.
- 401(k) Program: Available upon hire and, depending on the workgroup, employer contributions to your 401(k) program are available after one year.
- Additional Benefits: Other great benefits include our Employee Assistance Program, pet insurance and discounts on hotels, cars, cruises and more
Feel Free to be yourself at American
From the team members we hire to the customers we serve, inclusion and diversity are the foundation of the dynamic workforce at American Airlines. Our 20+ Employee Business Resource Groups are focused on connecting our team members to our customers, suppliers, communities and shareholders, helping team members reach their full potential and creating an inclusive work environment to meet and exceed the needs of our diverse world.
Are you ready to feel a tremendous sense of pride and satisfaction as you do your part to keep the largest airline in the world running smoothly as we care for people on life’s journey? Feel free to be yourself at American.