Director of Innovation (Water Group)
WHO WE ARE
Michael Baker International is a leading provider of architectural, engineering and consulting services, including design, planning, environmental, construction and program management. The company provides its comprehensive range of services and solutions to support U.S. federal, state, and municipal governments, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of commercial clients. Michael Baker’s more than 3,000 employees across nearly 100 locations are committed to a culture of innovation, collaboration and technological advancement to help solve challenges for clients and communities throughout the country. To learn more, visit https://mbakerintl.com/.
Michael Baker International’s Water Group provides innovative consulting, planning and engineering solutions for the entire spectrum of the water cycle. We have proven experience in providing a full range of professional services from scientific and technical analysis, concept through design, and construction support services. Protection and management of water resources starts at the watershed level and follows the movement of water through urban and agricultural areas, streams, lakes and reservoirs, water distribution systems, wastewater collection systems, and water/wastewater treatment plants.
- Promote innovation and introduce group tools and processes that encourage creative thinking
- Develop and apply measures to track improvements in innovation
- Support business units in new product and service initiatives
- Facilitate innovation teams and support other managers in creating an “Innovation Road Map”
- Set up and run ideas generation platforms and formats like jam sessions, hackathons, and internal or external crowdsourcing for the benefit of the project, program, or organization
- Develop, own and allocate a yearly budget to fund ideas and innovations, including “homeless ideas”
- Design resource allocation processes (portfolio, stage-gate, capex, budgeting) to take potentially disruptive innovations forward from the seed stage to development
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in a technical field or related disciplines from an accredited university coupled with 10+ years in roles of increasing scope and responsibility including scouting and standardizing market research methods for novel ideas and insights
- Experience working on Federal government contracting engagements is a plus
- Experience in Hydraulic and/or Coastal modeling a plus
- Relevant work experience in a management role will be beneficial
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 10% of time and open to working remotely
- Broad understanding of IT functions, various compliance standards, frameworks and common practices
- Must be a highly self-motivated individual, with a track record of driving competing & conflicting priorities
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills, self-initiative, and teamwork are essential
- Capability to obtain a favorable US Public Trust Position adjudication
MICHAEL BAKER INTERNATIONAL EEO STATEMENT
Michael Baker International is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Michael Baker International provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Michael Baker International maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.