Senior Specialist (Water Stewardship)
About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
This individual plays a key role in driving Gap Inc.’s long range environmental sustainability vision and strategy forward in Water Stewardship. As a part of the Environmental sustainability team, this position is responsible for supporting and executing Gap Inc.’s water stewardship priorities that will enable Gap Inc. to support global water stewardship and action towards net water positivity. This includes support to our public private partnership with USAID, the Women + Water Alliance.
What you'll do
- Executes the strategy and roadmap to achieve Gap Inc.’s ambitious sustainability commitments in the areas of Water Stewardship
- Work cross functionally and with external stakeholders to implement programming and identify opportunities to move towards net water positivity
- Develop specific programs with brands and other business partners to address critical areas of water stewardship
- Project manage all critical work associated with Water Stewardship, ensuring deadlines are met, budget targets are achieved and progress is communicated to Leaders.
- Monitor market developments for best practices ensuring that Gap Inc. continues to drive industry leadership
- Works with both external stakeholders, and internal stakeholders to develop and implement Gap Inc.’s Water Leadership positioning and approach across sustainable sourcing, brand sustainability teams and Global Sustainability
- Collect data and impact stores for external reporting and communications opportunities
Who you are
- 5+ years’ experience in related field and/or organization. Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline
- Strong understanding of the retail industry, specifically as it relates to social and environmental impact, sourcing and the apparel manufacturing industry. Experience working with USAID and/or public private partnerships
- Demonstrated ability to understand and translate organization objectives in to measurable, sustainability initiatives for all business units. An understanding, including financial acumen, of how to drive business results
- Experience with management of budget and identification of sustainability-related savings
- Strong organization and analytic skills. Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously under minimal supervision. Strong project coordination skills
- Experience in strategic communications. Strong oral, written and formal presentation skills, including ability to communicate complex ideas in a clear and concise manner. Proficient in use of MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Open availability and flexibility to work according to the needs of the business, and across time zones as necessary. Ability to adapt style to a variety of cultural perspectives
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.