Senior Manager (Global Environment Strategy)
This role is for a Senior Manager, Global Environment Strategy who will support the development and delivery of our future environmental strategy, including setting ambitious goals, developing strategies to decarbonise our business and continue our commitment to procuring renewable energy. This role will also collaborate with our global communications team to engage and inspire our global network of 47,000 employees to achieve our environmental ambitions, through our business and through the work we do every day for business and brands all over the world.
Senior Manager, Global Environment Strategy
In 2019 Dentsu reached its 2020 carbon reduction target one year early and set a new science-based target to further reduce emissions by 2030. We are looking for a Senior Manager, Global Environment Strategy who will support the development and delivery of our future environmental strategy, including setting ambitious goals, developing strategies to decarbonise our business and continue our commitment to procuring renewable energy. This role will also collaborate with our global communications team to engage and inspire our global network of 47,000 employees to achieve our environmental ambitions, through our business and through the work we do every day for business and brands all over the world.
The successful candidate will work across the DAN network to inform senior executives on brand and market progress and coordinate performance tracking against our environmental goals. This role is key in driving and delivering our Social Impact strategy, demonstrating DAN’s commitment to building a digital economy that works for all.
The candidate will be expected to handle day to day matters (constantly striving to optimise and improve existing systems) and strategise on longer term, network wide initiatives. The ideal candidate will possess attention to detail, excellent communication skills, the ability to drive consensus across multiple stakeholders and be a great team player. A balanced mix between technical and creative is ideal. The ability to work independently and deal with an ambiguous environment is a must.
- Work across the Dentsu global network to inspire, develop and deliver strategies and programmes in support of our environmental goals and KPIs
- Create initiatives and campaigns to engage and inspire both internal and external stakeholders to take action to address climate change
- Act as an external spokesperson representing Dentsu at relevant platforms and events and engaging with media and policy makers as appropriate
- Refresh, refine and create internal policies, protocols and guidance documents related to best in class environmental performance
- Provide expert input in to rating agencies such as DJSI, Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP), GRI, Ecovadis, Sedex etc. and become the business’s go-to expert on environment.
- Contribute to our annual reporting process ensuring high quality data submissions and analyses
- Collaborate with communications and marketing to ensure DAN’s progress is effectively communicated to build employee engagement, brand and reputation.
Essential skills and qualifications
- Bachelors and/or Masters Degree in an Environmental or Sustainability related discipline
- Deep understanding of carbon and environment methodologies and environmental regulation and its implications for business
- A proven and demonstrable track-record in the delivery of projects in sustainability consultancy or in-house and the application of current/emergent business standards and expectations (e.g. ESG and SDGs)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and an ability to influence effectively
- Experience in developing campaigns to engage and inspire individuals to take action to address climate change
- Strong experience in planning, project and risk management with proven analytical abilities and attention to detail
- An understanding of mega-trends, in particular those relating to the United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals and Net Zero
- Strong professional network in sustainability and credible connections with key professional stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience of working with global, matrix-managed and multi-disciplinary teams.
Our values and behaviours:
Agile – We need to be nimble, quick and flexible, thinking and acting differently. This means acting with freedom, deciding with speed and keeping it simple.
Pioneering – We're innovative, risk-taking self-starters, building an industry legacy. This means being constantly curious, taking risks to succeed, and being passionate about thought leadership.
Ambitious – We have a trail-blazing and inquisitive culture where relentlessness and hunger are rewarded. This means going the extra mile, having our eyes on the prize and having rapid and ruthless focus.
Responsible – We take individual and collective responsibility for our thoughts and actions. This means taking ownership, being good citizens and being transparent.
Collaborative – We work together globally to deliver a consistent brand experience and partner together locally to provide the best client solution. This means collaborating across the network; sharing success models; and attracting, developing and mobilising the right talent.
What you’ll get from us:
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to progress your project/programme management experience and take ownership of fully automating the reporting in this function to become best in class and ultimately be a tremendous value-add to the commercial teams.
Dentsu Aegis Network is a fantastic place to work with many great benefits on offer including 25 days’ annual holiday, Pension, Cycle to Work Scheme, and get your birthday day off!
Not only is it an incredibly fun place to work but as part of a multinational organisation there are many opportunities to advance your career within the wider business once you have proven yourself.
About Dentsu Aegis Network (DAN) DAN is the 4th largest advertising network globally, headquartered in London and operates in 145 countries worldwide with more than 45,000 dedicated specialists. Dentsu Aegis Network is Innovating the Way Brands Are Built for its clients through its best-in-class expertise and capabilities in media, digital and creative communications services. DAN consists of a number of market leading brands including; Carat, Dentsu Media, Isobar, iProspect, Posterscope, Vizeum, Amplifi, D2D and PSLive each covering different capabilities such as digital creative execution, media planning and buying, mobile applications, SEO, content creation, brand tracking and marketing analytics.
So, how do you apply?
If you feel this role could be what you are looking for please send your CV or LinkedIn profile.
Inclusion & Diversity
We value the strength diversity brings to our business and are working hard to build a more inclusive workplace through partnerships with Stonewall, Business Disability Forum and Business in the Community’s race and gender equality campaigns. We are happy to discuss all flexible and agile approaches to working for all our roles – we can’t promise we will be able to offer you everything you want or need but we do promise to discuss it with you openly and honestly.
If you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with the recruiter who contacts you.