Ecosystem Fund Business Analyst
Danone’s mission is bringing health through food to as many people as possible and we want to invite people to join the movement for healthier world. We recognize the power people have, to impact the world through their daily choices. Healthy food needs a healthy planet, and this is what our new signature One Planet One Health embodies.
Cycles and Procurement is right at the heart of making the Danone vision One Planet One Health a reality. Through what and how we source, we shape the world in which we operate and we build the future for Danone. With our Cycles we protect and secure our key resources (Milk, Water and Plastic) and we take a strategic approach to procurement to support the business and social agenda of Danone.
A concrete example of our engagement is Danone Ecosystem Fund:
Danone Ecosystem Fund is an endowment fund of 100 million € created in 2009 that co-creates inclusive business solutions for the general interest through the professional empowerment of vulnerable stakeholders. It generates social, environmental & economic impacts within the value chain of Danone and foster inclusive growth for the broader community.
The Funds have financed more than 80 projects and have supported 58000 people and created 5000 jobs. It has been a laboratory on social innovation, implementing new business models. Bringing project to sustainability and scale.Over the years the team of the Fund has developed recognized expertise in inclusive business models, societal innovation, co creation and stakeholder’s engagement and management, as well as complex project management.
Reporting to the Ecosystem Operational Director, you will be part of the Ecosystem Fund team along with a communication manager, a finance manager, a legal manager and 6 Project coordinators.
Through its project, the Ecosystem designs inclusive business models.
YOUR MAIN MISSIONS
In this position, you will:
- For all new projects : support the Coordinators and project teams in building inclusive business Models
around sourcing, inclusive recycling, watershed protection and health topics, that bring (financial and non financial) value for the different stakeholders of the projects, in particular the Beneficiaries.
You will build P&L and the business plans of the general interest activities that are created or strengthen by the projects.
This mission is instrumental to ensure not only the impact of the projects but also their sustainability.
It will be a key element in the assessment and decision process of the governance committee that validates the Ecosystème projects.
- For already launched projects :
a- Assess implementation and impact of business plans, including recent push for digitalization and data management all along the lifespan of the projects, in particular before the hand over of the projects.
- Optimise existing business models (financial, social, environmental impacts) to insure sustainability of the project and Propose potential updates of impact measurement KPIs
- Formalise already existing models : standards, impacts, benetifs, limits
- As the strategy of the Fund is to leverage external co financing on the future projects, you will be responsible to scoot for financing opportunities and build proposals for external investors, and in particular potential institutional investors to secure this co financing.
- Build Expertise and develop of the inclusive business models implemented by the Fund
- Working closely with the internal teams and leading social organizations & institutions
- Capturing and formalizing knowledge on inclusive business model and creating the proper tools/platforms to disseminate it
- Build knowledge and ensure dissemination through collective intelligence to the maximum number of internal and external targets for replication of those models and increase social/environemental and health impact.
- Specific transversal missions for the team as a topic owner
This role requires up to 20% of traveling,
- Master degree or equivalent in Engineering, Procurement or Business Administration
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant working experience in project management either in MNC or in international organizations
- Experience in food industry with exposure to upstream value chain and/or operations
- Strong operational background
- Business acumen and entrepreneurship
- Knowledge in agriculture and/or circular economy
- Organization skills and rigor to lead multiple projects, as well as flexibility and adaptability to manage their uniqueness
- Excellent communication and listening skills to work with a large variety of stakeholders
- Relationship and mediation capabilities
- Constructive mindset and openness
- Fluent in French and English
What we offer :
- An opportunity to have a strong impact on communities and environment through long lasting projects
- A challenging role to gather Business objectives and Social/Environmental goals
- The chance to play your part in the change: Together we are building a more inclusive economy!