Purpose of Position:
This Contract position will provide an exciting opportunity for a high-energy team player with excellent communications and marketing skills. The successful applicant will support the Lower Thames Valley Conservation Authority’s (LTVCA) Conservation Lands & Services department with the design and implementation of a stakeholder outreach and education campaign. The primary objective of the outreach campaign is to increase agricultural producers’ engagement and participation in LTVCA phosphorus reduction and stewardship programs, with the goal of increasing the adoption of Best Management Practices (BMPs) in the Thames River watershed. The successful applicant will play a key role in designing and implementing the campaign with the support of the LTVCA conservation services staff. The campaign will involve hosting public education events, utilizing social media platforms, creating new marketing channels and methods, and developing program promotion and education material.
The Outreach Specialist will be responsible for leading the development and implementation of stewardship outreach campaign with the support of LTVCA conservation services staff. Furthermore, the position will play a fundamental role in developing and promoting the Lower Thames Valley Cover Crop Program, which will be offered to watershed producers during 2021.
· Design and implement an outreach and education campaign with the objective of increasing agricultural producer engagement and participation in LTVCA phosphorus reduction and stewardship programs.
· Develop new marketing and education material to promote LTVCA stewardship programs and services.
· Enhance LTVCA social media and website platforms, to increase traffic and engagement with watershed stakeholders.
· Support the LTVCA Agricultural Program Coordinator with creating, promoting, and administering the Lower Thames Valley Cover Crop Program.
· Assist LTVCA conservation services staff with planning and delivering education and outreach events.
· Develop new partnerships with agricultural businesses and organizations with the goal of creating new relationships with watershed producers to increase the implementation of stewardship practices.
· Assist LTVCA Manager of Communications, Outreach, & Education with enhancing existing media relations to increase community exposure to LTVCA programs and ongoing research and monitoring initiatives.
· Draft government and private industry funding proposal to provide future opportunities to expand LTVCA communication and outreach initiatives throughout the Lower Thames watershed.
1. A diploma or degree from a recognized college or university in environmental studies, business commerce, marketing, graphic design, or a related discipline.
2. 2-4 years of relevant industry work experience.
3. Experience working and communicating with agricultural producers, businesses, and organizations.
4. Understanding of the environmental issues and challenges that are currently affecting the Thames River watershed and agricultural producers.
5. Experience using social media platforms (ex. Twitter, Facebook, Youtube).
6. Experience developing marketing and education material through software applications such as Adobe Suite, MS Office, and Inkscape.
7. Experience coordinating education and outreach events for public and agricultural stakeholders.
8. Ability to compose correspondence, reports, presentations, and media releases using clear and concise language.
9. Excellent verbal, written communication, and interpersonal skills.
10. Reliable and capable of working well independently, while effectively communicating with project team members.
11. Effective at managing multiple projects, prioritizing tasks, and delivering results on schedule.
12. G Class Drivers Licence (Mandatory).
Contract length: 18 months
Application deadline: 2020-09-23
Expected start date: 2020-10-12
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $26.08-$28.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- Temporarily due to COVID-19