Advance your career working for an internationally respected industry leader in developing and applying the latest tools in environmental water science and engineering to effectively solve client problems and protect our water environment. LimnoTech offers great people to work with, numerous opportunities for professional development, and a company culture that emphasizes collaboration and continuous improvement.
We anticipate an opening within the coming months in our Mid-Atlantic office located in Washington, DC.
The engineer or scientist hired will provide support for a variety of interesting and innovative projects in LimnoTech’s service areas, possibly including:
- Water quality modeling and watershed assessments
- Watershed, stream and lake restoration planning, and design
- Data analysis, processing and management
- Hydraulic/hydrologic evaluations
- Stormwater management, planning, and design
- Water supply, allocation and reuse assessments and planning
- Ecosystem restoration assessment and design
Our scientists and engineers work closely with senior staff to develop sound approaches for addressing our clients’ problems. Initial tasks are likely to include data management and analysis, assistance with field work, development of inputs for water quality models, and interpretation and presentation of results. Responsibility and opportunities will be commensurate with experience and capability.
LimnoTech emphasizes collaborative learning, advanced training, and professional leadership, providing team members with the tools and work environment needed to chart their career paths. Opportunities abound for increased responsibilities and professional growth.
- Master’s degree in Environmental Science, Engineering, or related scientific discipline from an accredited university program is required.
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience is preferred. Training/experience in data management and analysis, water quality modeling, stream restoration, or other area is desirable. Capabilities with R, Visual Basic or Python programming are also beneficial.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential, as are strong analytical and computational abilities.
- Motivated and enthusiastic team members with good interpersonal skills thrive in our collegial organization. If you like working with other smart, dedicated people to solve problems, we’d like to hear from you.
- Must be legally able to work in the U.S. for any employer (proper documentation is required).
LimnoTech values and rewards high achievement within a supportive working community. Individual achievement is rewarded through a unique merit review process based on recommendations from colleagues at all levels of the company, plus positive feedback from clients. This system drives pay increases and increased project and corporate responsibility. We track individual progress annually to insure competitiveness within our industry and identify opportunities for targeted professional development.
Our collegial environment and management structure aren’t for everyone; there is no formal “corporate ladder” to climb. Instead, we offer employees the opportunity to chart their own paths, and provide the tools and guidance to do that.
In addition to highly competitive compensation, LimnoTech offers an outstanding benefits package, including medical and dental coverage, 401k savings plan, ESOP, flexible benefits program, medical leave, and more.