Chief of Party for Philippines Environment Opportunities
Chief of Party for Philippines Environment Opportunities – Manila, Philippines
Effective with the release of this position announcement, Winrock International will be recruiting applicants for the position of Chief of Party with the anticipated Philippines Environment Opportunities project under the Forestry & Natural Resource Management (FNRM) Unit. The responsibilities, duties, and qualifications are described in the attached position description. Position is contingent upon receipt of donor funding.
Winrock International is a nonprofit organization that works with people in the United States and around the world to empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity, and sustain natural resources. By linking local individuals and communities with new ideas and technology, Winrock is increasing long-term productivity, equity, and responsible resource management to benefit the poor and disadvantaged of the world.
SALARY & BENEFITS:
The salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Excellent benefits.
Applicants should go to the “Jobs” link at www.winrock.org and submit a current resume and cover letter referencing “Philippines Chief of Party” by January 31, 2017.
Winrock would like to graciously thank all applicants for their interest but only candidates who meet all requisite criteria and are short listed will be contacted.
POSITION TITLE: Chief of Party, Philippines Environment Opportunities
LOCATION: Manila, Philippines
UNIT: Forestry & Natural Resource Management (FNRM)
REPORTS TO: Director, FNRM Unit
Winrock is seeking Chief of Party candidates for an anticipated program in the Philippines on Environmental Activities. This position will be based in Manila, Philippines. The anticipated project(s) will address climate change mitigation and adaptation, biodiversity and water and sanitation.
- Provide overall technical leadership and administrative oversight in order to achieve the results of the program.
- Serve as principal liaison to USAID/Philippines.
- Oversee and be responsible for financial and administrative aspects of the project including managing the budget.
- Provide supervision, support, and direction to long- and short-term staff.
- Administer the project's financial oversight and procedures, ensuring compliance with established Winrock accounting principles and USAID regulations.
- Monitor program indicators, evaluate program results and make recommendations for improvement in program implementation.
- Analyze project impact and challenges to adaptively manage the project to meet or exceed results.
- Ensure women and marginalized groups are beneficiaries of the project.
- Prepare annual work plans and progress reports, and monitor the implementation of these plans. Prepare and submit quarterly reports on progress of activities and achievement of program results to USAID.
- Interact directly and on a regular basis with USAID and other stakeholders.
- Participate in regular field visits to the project areas to assure project progress towards activity objectives and goals.
- Coordinate and communicate on a regular basis with Winrock’s Home Office.
- Manage relationships with complementary USAID and donor projects.
Represent Winrock at meetings and events as required and keep HQ informed regarding new opportunities in the country and region.
QUALIFICATIONS AND BACKGROUND:
- Master’s degree required in Earth Sciences, Forestry, Natural Resource Management, Agriculture, Resource Economics, Public/Business Administration, Governance, or relevant fields of study related to the project. PhD in relevant discipline would be a distinct asset.
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience in fields required for the successful implementation of this program, natural resource management, climate change, agriculture, community development, and governance, as well as an understanding of policy, economics, and market issues in these sectors.
- Proven exceptional leadership in the design, management, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of similar size and complex international donor support programs with skills in strategic planning, management, supervision, and budgeting.
- Proven ability to develop and communicate a common vision among diverse public and private partners and the ability to lead multi-disciplinary teams.
- Technical and managerial experience in Philippines and/or Southeast Asia is highly desirable.
- Technical understanding of climate change issues.
- Knowledge of USAID policies and procedures as related to project management preferred.
- Knowledge of the political, social, cultural, environmental, and development context of Philippines strongly preferred.
- Ability to diplomatically supervise staff and coordinate programs with partners from a broad range of backgrounds and experiences.
- Ability to build coalitions and networks that can provide synergies and sustainable solutions.
- Must be comfortable in high-level representational role as well as interacting with beneficiaries.
- Strong communication skills, both interpersonal and written to effectively coordinate stakeholders.
- Fluency in written and oral English is required.