Lebanon nationals: Shelter and WASH Assistant
The Shelter WASH Assistant is responsible for assisting in the day to day implementation of the Shelter WASH program in North Lebanon, through carrying out quality technical assessments and reporting accordingly.
Duties and responsibilities
- Monitor and report on the shelter, Water and Sanitation activities and ensure compliance with plans and NRC standards
- Mobilize communities and community leaders for project modalities, community and infrastructure projects, building and construction activities, maintenance of structures
- Suggest new methods and approaches in order to improve the quality of the activities
- Administrate payment requests for partners, contractors, suppliers, construction workers etc.
- Report all technical and protection related concerns
- Carry out data collection as required
- Prepare and file relevant documents according to procedures
- Ensure that NRC’s related activities are implemented within NRC’s Protection mainstreaming guidelines and report any breaches/concerns to the line manager and/or focal point for proper action
- Ensure that all protection related detected cases are referred to the concerned referral focal point and to the Protection Coordinator.
- Conduct clear technical assessments and annexes of minor and major housing rehabilitation and upgrades, totally and partially destroyed buildings, schools, infrastructure, insulations, etc.
- Produce accurate drawings, reports, measurements (BoQs) and/or photographs as evidence of a technical assessment
- Act responsibly and communicates respectfully with homeowners to give a clear and accurate picture of the households’ past, current and future situation
- Explain the NRC assessment and selection process well to those who do not fall within the project criteria
- Monitor water and sanitation facilities acceptance and beneficiary satisfaction
- Assist other teams and core competencies as assigned i.e. ERU, ICLA, Education
- Conduct technical surveys, questionnaires or assessments as required
- Submit daily and weekly reports to the Officer on the activities and action points assigned to
- Coordinate with various NRC staff at field level on implementing program activities (SFO, SFA, DBO, and other relevant staff).
- Systematically refer any troublesome cases encountered on field
- Assist in distribution of Non Food Items (NFIs) in coordination with the Officer and the Coordinator
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in Civil Engineering or Architecture or other relevant engineering degree
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant work experience with shelter projects in a humanitarian/recovery context, experience with start-up of projects is a plus
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Proficiency in English & Arabic both written and spoken
- Proficiency of CAD programmes and computer based drawings
- Planning and delivering results
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Handling insecure environments
- Working with people
- Coping with change