Australia nationals: Environmental Water Resources Planner
We love water and love life. What we do makes a vital contribution to Melbourne’s famous lifestyle. We achieve this by supplying high quality drinking water, providing outstanding sewerage services, integrating drainage systems, building resilience to flooding and by enhancing our waterway and land for greater community use. It’s a pride we share in helping to make greater Melbourne a fantastic place to live.
Reporting to the Team Leader, Environmental Water Resources you’ll have the opportunity to make a difference and add to our work environment, within a place where you can learn and perform to your fullest potential.
In this twelve month fixed term role as the Environmental Water Resources Planner you’ll be responsible for contributing to the Environmental Water Program to achieve the Healthy Waterways Strategy outcomes across the region and to support efficient and effective water resources management.
Make an Impact
Become part of a talented and passionate team dedicated to enhancing life and liveability in Melbourne and beyond. Doing truly meaningful work in a supportive and inclusive culture that encourages you to make the most of your talents.
We provide a range of employee benefits that will make your experience working at Melbourne Water both professionally and personally rewarding.
Melbourne Water is committed to flexible working. We offer a variety of flexible arrangements to suit our employees varied needs and the business, including purchased leave, varied start and finish times, working from alternative locations, part time work and 9-day fortnights. We understand that Melbourne Water and our customers benefit from enabling our employees to achieve balance in work and life.
Our people are passionate, welcoming and inclusive. We welcome applications from everyone, including people with disability, mature age and young job seekers, members of the LGBTI+ community, and people from culturally diverse backgrounds. Melbourne Water welcomes and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
Your Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of hydrology and river hydraulics with application to in-system water requirements.
- Demonstrated experience in water/natural resource management planning.
- Detailed understanding of the underlying principles of environmental water and proficiency to apply complex techniques in the context of integrated water planning and management, and water supply planning and management.
- Ability to apply technical knowledge and exercise judgement on a regular basis.
- Ability to analyse, interpret and communicate environmental health and flow data and information to produce meaningful information for both technical and non-technical audiences (sometimes in conflict situations).
Your ability to establish and maintain collaborative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders is required together with a qualification in Engineering, Science or Natural Resource Management.
For more information, please see the attached Position_Description
How to apply
Click on the "apply" button and complete the online application form.