Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Specialist (WASH-GIP)
Tetra Tech International Development Services headquartered in Arlington, VA is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a potential Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Specialist position on a USAID funded program in Zambia.
Position Description/Summary: The purpose of the Water, Sanitation and Hygiene – Governance Institutions and Policy (WASH-GIP) Activity is to facilitate private sector-driven sustainable access to safe water, sanitation and hygiene services, strengthen the enabling environment through accountability and citizens engagement in underserved areas of Zambia (Northern, Western and Muchinga Provinces) for improved health and economic outcomes.
* Collaborate with the Chief of Party, the Deputy Chief of Party and technical team members on annual planning, definition of outputs, outcomes and results and coordinate the preparation of quarterly and annual reports, as well as other deliverables involving WASH sector-related data and indicators;
* Ensure compliance with Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Plan (MELP) and rigorous review and update the MELP each year;
* Ensure data quality, rigor and relevance for all approved indicators and preparation/validation of detailed indicator reference sheets;
* Support formulation and implementation of project-level learning and adaption efforts;
* Collaborate with the Chief of Party, Deputy Chief of Party and technical team members in the design of evidence-based research and data collection activities focused on decentralized governance and devolved service delivery;
* Engage professionally with relevant government, academic, and policy-oriented organizations in support of evidence-based research and data collection concerning decentralized governance and service delivery;
* Support creative and high-quality project communications;
* Support staff, partners, and grantees in collecting reporting, and verifying that data and indicators meet Tetra Tech and USAID quality standards.
* Bachelor’s Degree in related field, Master’s Degree highly preferred;
* At least 5 years of demonstrated leadership of MEL tasks and teams. Familiarity with academic research methodologies and data collection, as well as theory of change;
* Demonstrated ability to make recommendations and provide guidance to senior management through holistic analysis;
* Experience with organization development, performance management strongly preferred;
* Experience in MEL with donor funded projects; USAID funded project preferred;
* Demonstrated ability to generate creative and impactful data displays preferred;
* English language fluency (oral and written) is required;
* Zambian Nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.