Gender Equity and Social Inclusion/Youth Specialist (WASH-GIP)
Tetra Tech International Development Services headquartered in Arlington, VA is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a potential Gender Equity and Social Inclusion (GESI)/Youth Specialist position on a USAID funded program in Zambia.
Position Description/Summary: The purpose of the Water, Sanitation and Hygiene – Governance Institutions and Policy (WASH-GIP) Activity is to facilitate private sector-driven sustainable access to safe water, sanitation and hygiene services, strengthen the enabling environment through accountability and citizens engagement in underserved areas of Zambia (Northern, Western and Muchinga Provinces) for improved health and economic outcomes.
* Lead the gender equality and social inclusion (GESI) analysis to identify explicit and implicit gender or age-related biases in water and sanitation service delivery-related laws, policies, regulations, and institutional practices and track recommendations implemented from this analysis and their impacts on the project.
* Support mainstreaming gender and youth considerations into technical assessments and other research initiatives.
*Develop and promote strategies and activities to engage women, youth, and marginalized groups in WASH service delivery and social accountability.
* Develop and promote strategies to engage men and traditional leaders to support the participation and leadership of women, youth, and marginalized groups in project activities.
* Work with technical project teams to ensure GESI is mainstreamed into all capacity development initiatives.
* Coordinate with the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) team to develop and implement gender and youth responsive MEL systems across project activities.
* Ensure that youth are engaged in decision making, management and leadership.
* Provide ongoing coaching and mentoring to project staff and partners on gender youth integration/social inclusion sensitivity and approaches.
* Supports knowledge sharing and learning related to gender and vulnerable populations.
Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree (Master’s or a related advanced degree preferred) in international development, education, gender studies, international affairs, economic development or another related field.
* A minimum of 7 years related experience in gender mainstreaming and/or youth initiatives/programs within national, sub-national, and community-based organizations and networks.
* Knowledge of key Zambian national policies and commitments related to gender, youth, and marginalized groups.
* Experience designing and facilitating trainings on gender and youth issues and gender and youth integration in local decision-making processes and techniques.
* Strong monitoring and evaluation skills focused in effective gender and youth indicators and data collection considerations.
* Capacity to be original and creative in strategies to integrate gender and youth considerations into non-gender related programming.
* Ability to work independently and produce timely and high-quality results.
* Ability to live, work, and travel within Zambia.
* USAID experience preferred;
* English language fluency (oral and written) is required;
* Excellent interpersonal and communications skills;
* Zambian nationals strongly encouraged to apply